Cheap full tang blades for a first-timer?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

palmnut

Forager
Aug 1, 2006
N51° W002°
I fancy a try at putting a handle on a blade and I like full tang rather than stick tang. As I'll probably mess it up first time, can anyone recommend a good source of cheap blades for my first go? Money is as rare as rocking-horse do-do, so they need to be cheap.

Scandi ground Woodlore clones preferred ;-)

I think I know what to do and how to do it, but any pointers to good tutorials and parts suppliers (I like coloured liners, but don't know what to use/where to get them ;-) would be welcome.

Peter

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
I started with stick tang as there are quite a few good kits out there and the blades can be a good bit cheaper.

Its tricky which way to go. I've just been looking at the Enzo necker kits on Brisa which is all the materials in one kit and a small knife to start with.

Whatever you do, get the scales flat and use decent epoxy. Then take pics along the way and get advice stage by stage.

Best of luck, its annoyingly addictive ;)

mikey.elefant

Forager
Dec 1, 2010
israel
Hey palmnut.
+1 to the brisa website and the enzo kits , they are great value and great quality. At the same price though you can look up FGYT on this forum and have him make your a blade impo he puts out the best quality knives and will send you the fittings with it too. Not to expensive but crazy good. Check out his website at Dorset woodlands blades. Com

palmnut

Forager
Aug 1, 2006
N51° W002°
... you can look up FGYT on this forum ...
I know FGYT, he lives only a few miles down the road from me and I pass his house several times a week. Definitely had one of his blades in mind, but probably not for my first time, as I know I'll hate the job I do first time around.

Peter

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE