Cheap Air Rifle To Start Off With

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
Personally I'd go for a padded bag for some added protection but if you're not really going anywhere with it...

Reactions: Ystranc

Ystranc

Nomad
May 24, 2019
Powys, Wales
Thanks Ystranc. Non padded case from the same shop comes in at 15 quid. Dont know anything about scopes but my eyesight has deteriorated in the last couple of years so dont know if I should invest in one.
Definitely! The compromise is between light gathering and magnification. I would go for lower magnification such as 4x or 9x with parallax adjustment on the objective lens ring so you can work at close range and rated for spring air rifles. There is little point in going for high magnification on an air gun unless you’re getting into competitive target shooting. These guys also deliver to your door.

Last edited:
Reactions: StevieE

StevieE

Forager
Jul 15, 2021
Bridgend, South Wales
I'll check pellpax out Ystranc thanks. The place I was looking at was Keens Tackle and Guns in Aberkenfig, nr Bridgend. Some of you who might have gone for a drive out from the old summer bushmoot in Candelston might have come across it.

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
One of the methods used by the manufacturer to reduce power for the UK market is to drill a tiny hole right through the piston. Easy to fix by removing the piston and filling the hole by tapping it and adding a grub screw giving you approximately 17 f/Lbs muzzle energy. Some of their rifles marketed as gas ram do not get the gas ram when manufactured for the UK market, no idea why. Check before you buy.

If you are in the UK please don't do this.
A sub 12 ft.lb is more than enough for plinking. It's enough for most stuff unless you are talking longer range hunting. In which case a cheap springer isn't the right choice at all.
It also means that you won't get arrested and charged with firearms offences.

Reactions: StevieE and Ystranc

Ystranc

Nomad
May 24, 2019
Powys, Wales

If you are in the UK please don't do this.
A sub 12 ft.lb is more than enough for plinking. It's enough for most stuff unless you are talking longer range hunting. In which case a cheap springer isn't the right choice at all.
It also means that you won't get arrested and charged with firearms offences.
…and should you choose to do so the legal responsibility rests entirely with with you. As Grebby rightly says it is illegal to have an air rifle that produces over 12 f/Lbs without a firearm certificate although there are a multitude of websites with information and modification parts available on line to achieve precisely that.

Reactions: StevieE

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE