Carved Leather Wall Plaque

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
This week I decided to be greedy, put commissions to one side, and treat myself to another little present. I have wanted a new banner for my blog and such so decided to carve one on leather, and it ended up becoming a plaque I will mount above my work space.

Its made from 4mm veg tan half-butt which I have found to be an absolute pain to tool. It is very tough leather but the grain is very soft, so impossible to get a crisp edge and difficult to layer properly like with regular veg tan. I went down the route of backgrounding everything behind the features with a tiny backgrounding stamp. The plaque is around one foot long and half a foot tall.

Not very bushcrafty but I wanted to show someone ;)

cimg2579p.jpg

Thanks for looking
Hamish

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Another nice bit of work. I know what you mean, when you're making stuff for other folks all the time, you either don't get anything yourself, or you get the prototypes and seconds!

But that definitely isn't a second. :)

Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE