Canvas Berghaus Crusader

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Yer put some up mate theres always interest in packs of all shapes and sizes ..
With a name like Jones71 were you at Roukes Drift just askin like ????

I got my hands on a pack made by vector pack systems last week I will get some photos up next week

Twodogs

jones71

Dec 16, 2011
wales
Yer put some up mate theres always interest in packs of all shapes and sizes ..
With a name like Jones71 were you at Roukes Drift just askin like ????

I got my hands on a pack made by vector pack systems last week I will get some photos up next week

Twodogs

Rorkes Drift-I like it:eek:

Will post some pics up shortly.

Getting a bit confused(easily done) as my post seems to be on the 1st page of this thread and not the last???

jones71

Dec 16, 2011
wales
Bought the other day and when it arrived was amazed at how good condition it was,with all straps etc present.Only issue is as with most that the bloody dammn elastic has gone around the lid.

As another bonus when it arrived was to find it was an issue item(never knew they were) and named to a Royal Marine.

63e594bf.jpg

1f0de5b3.jpg

5bf9a90c.jpg

8913afa5.jpg

af68b796.jpg

8029bb7a.jpg

e3a0def1.jpg

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Nice looking bag, you're right it's in very good condition, those shoulder straps look new !
The lid elasatic is easy enough to fix if you're handy with a needle & thread.

jones71

Dec 16, 2011
wales
Nice looking bag, you're right it's in very good condition, those shoulder straps look new !
The lid elasatic is easy enough to fix if you're handy with a needle & thread.

Thanks.

Was considering having a go at the elastics but dont have a clue-any tips,ideas please?

Cheers

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi two dogs I've got a berghaus cyclops crusader with the fixed side pockets in dpm picked it up at a car boot last year with a poncho for a fiver, the guy selling it was a faulklands veteran he used it all through the conflict mine has the same clips and the same back as the guide i will get a photo of it up tomorrow regards dave

AndyD

Settler
Dec 20, 2011
North East England
Hello,

I was wondering if any of you knew of a Berghaus bergen in olive green cordura,with detachable side pouches,no Berghaus logo anywhere, apart from on a label on the inside, that has the metal back support (?) riveted in across the top?

I searched everywhere and nobody seemed to know why this was done,does anyone have an idea please?

I did have some pics stored on the computer,but can't find them,so I'll shoot some more when I have chance,i the meantime any suggestions will be gratefully received!

Many thanks,
Andy

Fizzy

Nomad
Feb 8, 2010
Ash Vale
There's a few pictures of Berghaus bergens in this thread. Does it look like anything in here? Best bet is to get some pics up

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Andy, might be worth getting in touch with Berghaus with pics. It seems they made do with what they had at times and did some one of's over the years. Cliff did just that as he had something they didn't recall making and they wanted it for their museum...

AndyD

Settler
Dec 20, 2011
North East England
Thanks for the replies.
I've looked through the thread and it looks like the example posted in post No 183.

With mine though, no army labels anywhere, the only identifying feature is the Berghaus label stitched towards the bottom of the pack on the inside.

Regards,
Andy

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Thanks for the replies.
I've looked through the thread and it looks like the example posted in post No 183.

With mine though, no army labels anywhere, the only identifying feature is the Berghaus label stitched towards the bottom of the pack on the inside.

Regards,
Andy

The rucksack on post # 183 is a PLCE bergen......I believe Berghaus did make the original army bergens but stopped when they were asked to produce lower quality (cheaper ?) bags than they normaly make......if yours is one of these berghaus rucks, then it wont have the vertical webbing strips up the front which were added on later.

EDIT: Are the buckles branded berghaus ( bergbuckle) or ITW Nexus.?

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Does anyone know for sure from the description if it's an original army bergen?
I'm not allowed to post pics at the moment.

Regards,
Andy

Well no we can't be sure without a piccy or 2 but you can be by comparing it to other photos of bergens......plenty of pics on the net or even on ebay.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE