canal zander

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

deansherratt

Oct 12, 2014
united kingdom
Hi all been fishing around a year now. Had some success bait fishing my local canal for perch although I released what I caught and also caught mackerel on sea fishing trips. Had limited success fly fishing for trout. Thought of having a go at bait and lure fishing for wander on the coventry canal but would they be edible from a canal or a sure way to get food poisoning?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Hi all been fishing around a year now. Had some success bait fishing my local canal for perch although I released what I caught and also caught mackerel on sea fishing trips. Had limited success fly fishing for trout. Thought of having a go at bait and lure fishing for wander on the coventry canal but would they be edible from a canal or a sure way to get food poisoning?

Would that be the famous fish called wander? :)

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
loads of zander in the river leam around leamington spa, mostly small ones, plenty of day ticket water around the same area, i've caught plenty myself from the Severn & Avon and some good ones too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE