Can anyone recommend a Hydration Bladder?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Sorry Hellz, my warped sence of humour....highlighting just how easy it is to mis judge the tone of what people write. I knew you meant that you wanted others to give their opinions on water bladders but at first I read the question as:

Can "anyone" recommend a Hydration Bladder? As in is anyone able to do it or can only certain people lol :lmao:

Sorry, hope my naff joke makes a bit more sence now.....I'll get me coat :puppy_dog

Bam. :D

Roy's Badger

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2005
Kernow
Having used Platypus and Camelbaks for some years now, in arctic, temperate and desert conditions, I would ALWAYS choose the Platypus over the Camelbak. The camelbak carrying system is handy if you don't wear a rucksack, but I've had one burst (think the heat affected the seals) and I find the water tastes grim. They do make a very handy bitevalve cover, however, cos I find that I am forever trailing mine through the dirt, which kind of screws things. Also, for backwoods travelling, they now sell an in-line filter that clips into the system for insto pure water.

Final thoughts on hydration bags: if you're not on the move, don't bother with them- a clear plastic bottle does just fine, and promotes better hydration. I always find that I drink less than I should when using a bladder system.

Hope that helps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE