Camp Recipes website

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I make a quick date and hazelnut mix to carry with me. I mix 1 lot of dates with half the weight of rosted hazelnuts(sainsburys). Throw them in a blender so they are fully mixed and the bits are really small then put them into some kind of mould and compress them. I use a burger maker to compress them then wrap them in tinfoil and put them in the fridge until I need them. A quick note make sure you use dates without a stone in them!

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
Thanks for sharing that with use Andy, some very interesting recipes on there.

I will be adding that to my favorites list.

M

Mooney

Adi Fiddler said:
Thanks for sharing that with use Andy, some very interesting recipes on there.

I will be adding that to my favorites list.

me two, that pdf has some good info.

about hanging meat etc, theres some info about a rabbit disease about a 3rd of the way down. not mixy but "tularemia" which it says can be transmitted to humans via touch when skinning. ive heard of mixy but not that.

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
If I remeber correctly, tularemia is, sadly, yet another biological agent we have released that has come back to bite us in the ****. It's a plague like illness in small rodents caused by the Gram-negative pleomorphic bacterium, 'Francisella tularensis'. It afects humans in 3 ways: pneumonic tularemia, septicaemic tularemia, and Ulceroglandular tularaemia. This is the kind you would get from handling an infected carcass (the other two are a direct result of deliberately released, and therefore, airborne tularemia).

Naturally occurring ulceroglandular tularaemia usually arises from handling a contaminated carcass or following a bite. Typically, a local papule arises at the site of inoculation accompanied by generalised symptoms including fever and aches. The lesion forms a pustule, which ruptures and develops into a painful, indolent ulcer. Ulceroglandular tularaemia presents itself similarly to cutaneous anthrax, and the bubonic plague. As the lesion progresses, it is accompanied by tender enlargement of one or more regional lymph nodes, which may become fluctuant and rupture. Local disease often continues to progress despite appropriate antibiotic therapy.

This is a nasty b*****d of a disease (thankyou M.I.6...... :( ) But the chances of getting from a british rabbit, are, thankfully, so miniscule that you might as well forget you ever heard of it.

Happy hunting!!!! :lmao:

oops56

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 14, 2005
proctor vt.
Now this cant be done on the trail but take the potato pealing soak them in salt water over night drain water off then fry them :) :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE