By George

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
I've met brits with local accents that make cockney slang intelligable. Now you lot get into linguistic discussions that would have Old J.R.R. Tolkien himself happily chattering elfin between puffs of his pipe. I gave up on the whole born again celtic find my ancient roots a long time ago thankyou. Between provo gunrunners and self annoited hereditary wiccan witches ( with a sex hungry, raspy voice the 200 lb., pentagram tattooed redhead said " I understand you've been to our homeland. take me with you next time, I can be VERY friendly :eek:") I'm safer wearing a Kemal Attaturk T shirt in Little Armenia( Glendale California) during today's observation of the genocide . Some poor kid got expelled from high school for innapropriate attire. He has a mohawk, black lipstick and huge crimson eye makeup worthy of a KISS performance. His mother, replete in purple cape announced she was a wiccan and her son merely dressing like an ancient celtic warrior to show his fearlessness and they've lined up a prominent attorney ( solicitor. ) So, from the sinking sunset pacific shores of California "Yo Homies, Jorge is muy beuno! Hes the man ( high five)" :cool:

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
Gary said:
Guineveir and Lancelot didnt exist until the Victorian era!

You're wrong there mate. Chretien De Troyes introduces Lancelot into the Arthurian mythoology in the 12th centuary (in the Knight of the Cart, I think), and the whole Lancelot/Guenniver was in place by the time Le Mort D'Arthur was written by Mallory in the C15th.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Womble said:
You're wrong there mate. Chretien De Troyes introduces Lancelot into the Arthurian mythoology in the 12th centuary (in the Knight of the Cart, I think), and the whole Lancelot/Guenniver was in place by the time Le Mort D'Arthur was written by Mallory in the C15th.

OK I was generalising, maybe I should have said didnt really exist!! :eek: ;)

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
"He has a mohawk, black lipstick and huge crimson eye makeup worthy of a KISS performance. His mother, replete in purple cape announced she was a wiccan and her son merely dressing like an ancient celtic warrior to show his fearlessness..."

oh ***....

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
St Patrick was in fact a Briton and a Roman before being kidnapped. He was also I think the Bishop of Armagh and never ventured that far south at all (the town I live as do a hundred other claims to the entry point for his return after becoming a priest). But it was his connection and proximity to the powerful nothren clans that strenghted his influence and that of the Church of Rome in Ireland.

There were plenty of other missionaries travelling around southern Ireland at the time and quite a few converts already but it was Patrick and his influence that helped spread the word so to speak. St Columbia had a lot to do with again in later year's again of alot of connections with the nothern clans because of his noble birth.

Happy belated St George's Day to all.

James

PS: I understood you Toddy and it is to be truth full more their day up noth then ours down south but it's an excuses to sink alot of the black stuff and thats always a good thing.

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
Hurrah!, good to see that there are a few like minded people who don't mind celebrating St Georges day. Living here in S. Wales I'm the only one flying a St Georges flag on my house, I wonder why????

My mum is a member of a Saxon society or something, and she showed me a replica Saxon flag that is for sale showing a White dragon on a plain background. I think I'll get one but I don't think that'll go down terribly well with the neighbours either! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE