BUTTER!!! How do you carry yours??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
I melt butter in the microwave and pour it into a vitamin container, tough and not easy to knock the lid off. Also little plastic packs of garlic butter (not for breakfast though);)

butter.jpg

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I melt butter in the microwave and pour it into a vitamin container, tough and not easy to knock the lid off. Also little plastic packs of garlic butter (not for breakfast though);)

View attachment 12533

Now that is a good idea. I gave up carrying butter years ago because of the leakage problem. You have reminded me that when I had a student job in a restaurant years ago, I remember the chef telling me that butter was best for all round cooking because it could be melted and re-solidified without altering its essential qualities. Like Sandbender I have for some time now carried a nalgene bottle of olive oil for cooking and putting on bread before the Marmite, and it isn't the same. Carrying olive oil presents its own leakage problems though no disasters yet. I'm going to give your idea a try next trip.

Anyone know about tubes of ghee? I think I've seen this recommended somewhere.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
What are your ideas for transporting a small block of butter so that it doesn't cause mischief??

I don't use the stuff but when I used to go camping with mrs. blacktimberwolf she used a tub of butter stored in a larger tupperware , filled with cold water, put into a plastic bag then wrapped in thick socks. it became soft in the afternoons but never runny.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Well one of my good mates on here thought it would be funny to send me some.... 100 portions to be exact LOL

BUERRE.jpg

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Well one of my good mates on here thought it would be funny to send me some.... 100 portions to be exact LOL

BUERRE.jpg

My god I bet that was a head scratcher when you opened that parcel.

Is that going to lead to a BCUK pass the butter meme or on going postal joke. You also might like to get ahold of that dude travelling across the USA using bacon for money.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE