Bushmoot projects.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Not exactly a skill, but I can bring my full 1st Century Roman Legionary Marching Pack (Impedimenta) for a demo, discussion and handle the kit. If anyone's interested let me know.

I might have to watch that as I fry up in my Caerleon pattern folding Roman Skillet.
danceRoman.gif

I'm not bringing my Firka though.

Roman_Firka.jpg

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind a look at that.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
:lmao::lmao::lmao: I can carve the needles no troubles.

As for net making, I have a very basic knowledge of how to do but as I said it's very basic so I wouldn't be your best choice to teach it :rolleyes: I'll be happy to help Ogri out on it though.

I have a fishermans knowledge of net making,By this I mean how to make and mend a net so that it works rather than being perfect.I can show how to make the net and the knot used but to get it perfect needs practice by the individual.I'm happy to give a bit of instruction on what I know .
After 10 minutes instruction John Fenna was able to make his own nets ,and if I can make nets then anyone should be able to.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have a fishermans knowledge of net making,By this I mean how to make and mend a net so that it works rather than being perfect.I can show how to make the net and the knot used but to get it perfect needs practice by the individual.I'm happy to give a bit of instruction on what I know .
After 10 minutes instruction John Fenna was able to make his own nets ,and if I can make nets then anyone should be able to.

All very true!

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK

In this case, I might well stand aside! You'll have a lot more information than I've got.

On another matter Sapper, I might have to pick your brains on a local matter.....

Ogri the trog

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
In this case, I might well stand aside! You'll have a lot more information than I've got.

On another matter Sapper, I might have to pick your brains on a local matter.....

Ogri the trog

Pick away,just don't take too much I've not much left and I need most of it.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Im going to bring a big bundle of blankets for that.

and my Spears No 2 loom

and lots of beeswax

and my seriously big pot

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
I shall be bringing my leather workshop kit with me and a few bits of hide to play with. Testing out a new (to me) leather bottle pattern this evening, as well as the normal costrels and bottels. Will also have a large selection of spoon knives to play with if people want to try different styles. Oh and will have the sharpening paraphernalia if people want to learn how to look after and sharpen their knives. ( Or I can sharpen them for you hehe) Should keep me busy for a few days. Also need to make some sacks for the cooking trays - but not sure I can be bothered to dig out the heavy canvas in time..... Love sewing leather but hate sewing canvas!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE