Bushmoot Foods?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Phil562 said:
You cannot beat a good fry up - using a black iron f/pan on some red hot embers ;)
I'm surprised you could see the colour of the pan......with the amount of food you pile into it ...... :lmao: :lmao:

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
redcollective said:
Can you use Beef Jerky as an ingredient in anything worth cooking? Anyone got a recipe? (Camping food ideas only though - stuff you can cook in one pan with a spoon.)

Slice it small dump it in a billy with enough water to keep it covered add a bit of oxo and anything else that takes your fancy. Hard tack biscuits work great and any greenery that comes to hand. you dont need to really cook it to death just warm it slowly to rehydrate the meat. Well yummy

Naruska

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 15, 2006
Finland
Put a few slices of ham in your wallet (just in case...) a banana in your back pocket and for every tin of spam you carry, buy two sixpacks of beer...(after the twelve, you WILL be able to eat the spam... :) )

Sorry, couldn`t resist... ;)

Marko

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
I've just found out Pickerings do Biltong! If it's half as good as their sausages, I'm sold. Planning to take some this year.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I'll do what I usually do - a few base ingredients and a couple of good walks rounds the area to see what I can forage.
Ask the guys from the last Dartmoor meet - I can normally get a meal or two from this method.
Its a bit like Ready , steady, cook - base ingredients in the cupboard and mother nature brings the carrier bag of odds & sods.
Anyone is welcome to join me on a wander!
Neil

Jumbalaya

Tenderfoot
Hi Folks,

Just saw the memo re. the Moot. Tony has asked me [as in Wild Food School] to do some sessions at the next Moot and am happy to give ideas on what to look for and how to cook. As I've not 'experienced' a moot before I'm not quite sure what to expect, but pls. feel free to stop and ask questions if you see me [i'll be wearing a WFS t-shirt for simplicity's sale].

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE