Bushmoot Foods?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
Being fairly new to all this, but not wanting to look an idiot, what food will you guys be taking for the duration of the moot?

I've relied on caches, ration packs, MREs, angling skills and the wife in the past.

This will be the situation: she's going to be 150 miles away and wont drop stuff off :eek: ; the QM won't be doing a ration run :yikes: ; I can't snare the local wildlife :( ; my knowledge of flora is still in it's infancy :confused: and I'm not allowed to fish for my supper :banghead: , what the heck do I take to sustain me?

What would you do?

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
There's a KFC down the road :lmao: We used it last year ;)
There's also a supermarket opposite the KFC
It's up to you what you bring with you to eat - it can be as bushcrafty or not as you wish. Some people go to both extremes but most stay somewhere in the middle and do normal camping style cooking.
The idea is people souldn't get hung up about the bushcraftyness or otherwise of what they do, rather just enjoy the experience as it is and if you see someone making bread for thier tea and are inspired to have a go yourself then great but don't feel you have to - it's not compulsory. :)

Mark

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
PJMCBear,

If you can't bring it in then there's someone likely to be going to the supermarket to re stock on beer, as happened last year.

If you can carry to the moot (i.e. if you driving there) just get the wife to go shopping a few days before you leave :D or go shopping yourself :eek:

Moduser

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
PJMCBear said:
V good, elma. except they are disgusting.

we've run low on rations, all thats left are a couple of tins of cat food and some pot noodle.
you know what we'll eat last........thats right the pot noodle
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Buckshot described it very well. It's whatever you fancy. Last year my meals there consisted of squirrel and pigeon curry, sandwidges, pasta, pork and veg (cooked in the hangi) cereals, cooked breakfasts etc There's going to be the opportunity to forage and you may want to cook something up alongside your normal meals, we're also doing ovens etc so there’s going to be a good opportunity to bake things....

As has been said, there’s shops and people go to them as they want to. The whole thing is based around you being comfortable, it’s not designed to be hard but to be a great environment for people to learn the stuff they want while they’ve got the opportunity..

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
well i'll be taking,
breakfasts;

bacon and beans & instant porrage.
(i like a big breakfast, then i graze on small things all day)

lunches;

mini babybel cheese, pepperami, cereal bars, soup.
(quick and simple as i'll be busy through the day)

dinner;

beanfeast veg mince & dumpling mix,
cous-cous, chorizo, onion, tomato.
noodles and mackrel with onion, garlic & chilli.

i usually have several staples with me as well.
lentils, split peas, bulgar wheat, stock cubes (beef, chicken, ham), instant noodles, flour, milk powder, baking powder, salt, honey, oil.

i try to make sure i have a few extra meals in my provender bag just in case. i'd rather take food home than go hungry.

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Can you use Beef Jerky as an ingredient in anything worth cooking? Anyone got a recipe? (Camping food ideas only though - stuff you can cook in one pan with a spoon.)

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
red wine, white wine, beer, rum! (just for a night cap) and to eat anything that can survive a frying pan or an open fire :rolleyes: breakfast has got to be bacon and eggs :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE