Bushcrafti....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
B

bombadil

This may seem like an utterly ridiculous question, and I'm sure it says a lot about my character that I have nothing better to do than to ask it, but what exactly is all this buisiness with "Reverend -----of the Bushcrafti"?? :confused:
Is it some sort of secret society with special handshakes and passwords, do you have to have carried the bloodline through succesive generations, or can anyone join?
(Sorry if starting a thread on this was the wrong thing to do :eek: )

B

bombadil

......And while I'm riding this horse......why do some people have "native", "forager" and other suchlike titles under their usernames..... :confused: Is this a ranking system whereby people accumulate kudos by posting threads etc, and if so, do I get a free granny b, Alan Wood Woodlore knife and once-in-a-lifetime-all-expenses-paid trip to live with the Sami if I graduate from "tenderfoot" to whatever comes next ???

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
you forgot the initiation ceremonies mate

i understand it features whisky macs and logs

maybe you choose your name according to which log you fell off ??

this definitely needs explanation though you are right

Tant

Not Bob

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2004
bombadil said:
why do some people have "native", "forager" and other suchlike titles under their usernames..... :confused:

I would refer you to my previous answer in the member status? thread but some people with minimal sense of humour and/or irony might knock of some of my reputation points :eek:

B

bombadil

Ah-ha! Got the gist now, ta very much. Although I have to say I find it all a bit daft. Surely the ones with fewer posts should have the higher status, as they obviously spend more time away from the PC and in the bush actually doing bushcraft. :D Maybe the ranking system should work by the number of BCUK events attended or something like that?
Obviously I have nothing better to do at the moment other than pick holes in an otherwise great site, so I'm happy to remain relegated to tenderfoot status :p

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
I don't imagine anyone takes the whole tenderfoot to whatever it is very seriously, it's just based on post count, nothing to do with rep points. Rep points haven't been enabled in this incarnation of BCUK, I know because I tried to give some for some of the cracking threads we've already had :(

B

bombadil

Justin Time said:
I don't imagine anyone takes the whole tenderfoot to whatever it is very seriously............

LOL :D
I know, I don't imagine anyone takes my post very seriously either... :p

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Rollnick said:
LOL

Someone else explain...TOMTOM ;)

:D

Well, I dunno. It's hereditary really, so you'd do best to get born by one of us. Failing that, there's a complex initiation, involves logs, rituals, fires, dances and lots of off-key singing. You must also bathe in whisky at least seven times during the ceremony :D

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Justin Time said:
I don't imagine anyone takes the whole tenderfoot to whatever it is very seriously, it's just based on post count, nothing to do with rep points. Rep points haven't been enabled in this incarnation of BCUK, I know because I tried to give some for some of the cracking threads we've already had :(

i think your confusing two things there mate...?

the bushcrafti religion spung up from a nomber of them arctic hobo has explaind the other one is so that we may carry around bushcrafts knive and hatchets legaly as part of out religious dress..

current ministers of the Char Cloth..
Mad Dave - Rev. Mighty Oak (our leader)
Jake Rollnick - Rev. Great Elm
Tomtom - Rev. Silver Birch
Arctic Hobo - Rev. Norwegian Spruce

see the latter part of this thread for the how it all began!

B

bombadil

LOL :D
The first time I EVER used the internet, (not being particularly gifted with electronic gizmos), I enrolled and became a priest of the Church of Universal Light (life, loaf or whatever it was)!
Seemed so utterly ridiculous I didn't touch it again for years, until my girlfriend opened an email account for me in 2001! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE