bushcraft wales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nigel

Forager
Dec 6, 2003
Carmarthenshire
Hi All,

When I originally approached the land owners there was only a few of you then, numbers seem to keep growing and growing. I have since spoken to the owners, who are concerned with large groups using the farm, as it is a fully working farm there is insufficient parking space for a large number of vehicles and access to the farm is restricted, they are also concerned about damage to vehicles whilst parked at the farm.
I have to respect their concerns, and unfortunately withdraw the offer of the site.
I know this is going to be a bit of a disappointment, but all I can do is apologise to you all. Hopefully we will be able to find a more suitable site in the near future.

All The Best

Nigel

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
No worries mate, these things happen and I’d much rather you didn’t upset them. I if were you I’d still take a few people if they’re interested, just pick some, it would be good for you and good for the farmer to see that you’re responsible people.

I’ve got access to land near the west coast, it’s about an hour and three quarters from Cardiff, past Carmarthen. I can get that at nearly any time, it’s mostly a field but there’s some woodland as well that we can use. What we would have is complete freedom.

Let me know if you’re interested.

Nigel

Forager
Dec 6, 2003
Carmarthenshire
Hi Tony,

I have used the site a few times, I think you are right maybe take a few along and see how it goes.
By the way is it Keith's field your talking about, by any chance? Just wondered :)
If so I will definitely be there, He's a nice bloke.

Nigel

Wenie

Forager
Aug 4, 2005
S. Wales valleys
havingagiraffe said:
There's no need to apologise. I'm sure everyone's grateful that you went to such an effort to sort something in the first place. :You_Rock_
Yup, same thought here, thanks for trying! :) :You_Rock_

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Nigel said:
Hi Tony,

By the way is it Keith's field your talking about, by any chance? Just wondered :)
If so I will definitely be there, He's a nice bloke.

Nigel

Yep, Keiths, he was over her today and said I can use it when I want

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
So, a date in January? Dec's already upon us so that might be better not to rush it.

Who's up for Jan?

7th
14th
21st
28th

or into Feb?

the site is in Plwmp, about 15 minutes from Cardigan, right near the coast.

We might be able to get out for some Mackrel as well :D

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Tony said:
So, a date in January? Dec's already upon us so that might be better not to rush it.

Who's up for Jan?

7th
14th
21st
28th

or into Feb?

the site is in Plwmp, about 15 minutes from Cardigan, right near the coast.

We might be able to get out for some Mackrel as well :D

I can do any of those dates, so its down to you guys to narrow it down :D

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
I can make those dates, :)
never slept in a hammock, or under a tarp befor and would be greatful for some advice and instruction on the day.
I'm also working on a farmer friend up at bilth wells he has a lovely secluded wood in a steep valley with a drinking clear stream running through it I'll let you know later how I get on. ;)

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
At this moment in time I am good for any of those dates.

Do you have a bit more info about 'the field'? I guess by its description that it is devoid of trees?

Can we have open fires, anywhere for hammocks etc etc

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
We can have fires, hammocks might be a push, although there are some woods down beyond the field that are available to us, might be a bit boggy down there though, but even so, you'd be more than welcome to use it for the hammocks.

there's a lot of land and he's easy going, I'm probably going to camp there in the next couple of weeks so I'll scout it out. We can get a chute up under the trees on the edge of the field which is a good sheltered spot.

I'll get some pics and get them up in a few weeks and then people will have more of an idea!

K

karen

Sound great tone, count me in. Middle of Jan be better for me as i'll need time to recover from christmas & new year. :-D

Karen

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Let's say the 21st then. If it's set in stone people can decide.

I'll need to give it a final check with keith but I can't see any problems with it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE