Bushcraft Show

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Got back from a day trip to the show an hour or so ago

Just a word of warning its a good show , but be prepared to get wet and muddy

Day car parking is poor with only one way onto and off the field , will be fun if this rain keeps up

Met a few folk and bought a few bits

Overall a good day out

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
Not long been back myself. The car park is fun if you have a 4x4, otherwise you are pushed in/out.
Show was good fun, met a few members and got some nice bits. Thankfully didn't get a new knife though!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Aww, that's a shame :sigh: Access is kind of critical to an event like that.
Sounds as though it's worth while persevering to get in though :)

cheers,
Toddy

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
The car park organisation was abysmal. Even saw a couple of the pretend 4x4's (SUV's) getting stuck - so we didnt stand a chance in a honda civic, although at least we didnt need to be towed out to the road by the tractor, thanks from to push from the the hi-viz dudes.

Good show though. Some really nice folk there too.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Was there too ~ had fun getting out as well :eek: .

I'm nothing to do with the event / organisers / support team but ...Talking to the guys swamped by the issue of getting people off of that field they were trying* to find and secure use of an alternative field to park in for tomorrow ~ a field with at least two points of entry / exit ;)

Not an ideal situation but it's a new site for the event (again :rolleyes: ) and every day's a learning day and, with hope, the same issue will be lessened in future events ;) :)

* Pretty determined too ~ and those who faced the challenge of leaving today can confirm that most vehicles using the same field tomorrow will require being towed onto as well as off it :eek: :yikes:

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
My Mrs and her brother went with the kids on a family ticket ( I could not get the time off). I have just spoken to her and she says the organization was pathetic. It took them two hours to get off the car park. The tractor bloke spent most of his time watching people rather than helping and they did not even have any hay to put down on the ground to help with traction. Everyone was helping each other in the end just to get out. She wad some of the mud ruts were over a foot deep and even the 4x4's needed help to get out. My boys had a great time with the birds of prey and Steve Brackshall from Deadly 60 was good value and was happy to chat and have photos taken with the young ones. She also complained that throughout the whole day they hardly ever got to find a place to sit down or stay out of the rain. I knew the show was not her thing but thought my brother in law would like it as he is an outdoors bloke and does shooting and beating etc but when asked he said he did not enjoy the day. I get the impression that a show like this is very weather dependent and not enough was done to counteract it when it turned bad even though they have known it was likely to bad bad this weekend.

Bluffer

Nomad
Apr 12, 2013
North Yorkshire
I've also had a wander around through the mud, loads of happy faces, got a curry on during the thunderstorm and I'm gazing out of my basha now at all the fireboxes flickering, background noise of live band and beer tent.

I got in fine, not a splash of mud on the Chelsea tractor, parked alongside all the other normal bods in their family cars and Halfords tents.

Plenty of traders and bushschools here, nobody is being put off by the mud and light rain. It's all very British :)

Happy Days.

BushBob

Tenderfoot
Nov 24, 2013
East Mids
Bluffer,

Would you say it's ok for a pushchair / toddler walking tomorrow. Our niece and nephew are coming and am wondering if we could push them round. We just had a drive down ( we only live a few miles away) and it looked quite boggy.

Cheers,

Bobby

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Just saw that the organisers of the show are telling folks not to come today on the events/Bushcraft Show Facebook page!!!
What to do??? :confused:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Hmmm... If it was bad after yesterdays rain it's going to be even worse with all the rain being forecast for today

I think I'm not going to risk going up today only to have them turn you away at the gate :(

adbirdy

Oct 12, 2005
West Midlands
If it was bad yesterday afternoon, I live about 5 miles away and about 7 o'clock yeaterday evening we had a thunderstorm with quite a large amount of rain as well, so unfortunately thats only going to make it worse and its currently raining now as well.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Ade

Bonzo Frog

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
Worcestershire
Link to their FB page.. https://www.facebook.com/TheBushcraftShow?fref=ts

The wife and I went yesterday setting off fairly early from Worcestershire and we got onto the car park ok. Getting off required a helping push at one point but there were some real idiots causing mayhem. At one point some bloke in a BMW drove round a stuck car with no regard for people trying to walk back to their cars. No patience at all :cussing:
I for one enjoyed the day but lessons do need to be learnt. Having said that the weather is beyond everyone's control and that's the joy of living here. AT least Cody enjoyed the rain!

Dave

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
Got there at 9.30am yesterday and could see the carpark(theres a joke) was going to be a problem. One way in and out, bit stupid no matter what the weather. Event field already like a swamp. Been to the last 2 at Elvaston and was pretty much the same stalls etc. Cody was a very friendly guy, even fussed our dogs.
cody 018.jpg

Oh and didn,t spend a penny.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE