Bushcraft nin NE Lancs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Does anyone know of any wooded area that we [ my 13 year old son and myself] can use for wild camping , inc open fires. Would think that Forestry Commision and National Parks are a no no.

Brixton

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 3, 2005
I have a similar problem here in NW Lancashire.
I've got a few options.
1 Get in touch with a company called Tamarack who are based in Gt Eccleston.
They do courses in a privately owned estate in Scorton and can get in touch with the landlord to arrange use of the area. This might be only if you have done a course with them don't know. The boss of Tamarack is called Tony Cameron. The landlord charge is £15.00 per night which seems a bit steep.
2 Have a nice word with your local scout camp site. I use Great Tower and if they are not too busy I can pitch my tarp well out the way for £2.00 a night.
The rules are no fires but when I mentioned that I wanted to do some backwoods cokking it didn't appear to be a problem. I suppose if you are only doing wee fires enough for making a meal and not a roaring scout troop bonfire then the chances of there being a problem are minimal.
3 Scour the OS map for areas of plantation and run the risk of being found out and if found out plead ignorance. Most tourists tend to stick to the touristy spots and avoid the likes of round Newby Bridge so if you pick your spot carefully it's pretty unlikely you'll be found.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Did try a scout camp at Gt. Harwood and the warden said no chance unless I was a Youth leader. If you got found out camping where you weren,t supposed to, would they move you on there and then or in the morning.[ Suppose thats where SAS Evasion skills would come in ]

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE