bushcraft knife advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mozzi

Tenderfoot
Aug 9, 2015
Brighton
+1 for the bahco, heard theres many better folding saws available but this is absolutely documented and proven as a work horse. the blades a bit flimsy but its so light!

For a little more (OK, 3 times more) you could get an Esee 5 - 1/4" thick 1095 steel, scandi grind, lifetime guarantee against breakage.

RC5PBBanw.jpg

Or you could hold out for a lovely custom...

maple-bushcraft-mini.jpg

maple-bushcraft-mini-2.jpg

maple-bushcraft-mini-3.jpg

For your kids to fight over when you're gone.

You gotta ask yourself - do you want some impressive bushcraft plumage or do you just want to cut things. No insult intended to custom knives and their owners - that last one is mine.

Last edited:

Shelley

Forager
May 27, 2015
New Zealand
Well horses for courses but I recently got a Gary Mills Timberwolf that someone else mentioned in this thread, what I liked about this knife besides the shape, steel, custom manufacturing and overall dimensions (which all seem perfect) is that I got it in a kit form, which means that it both cost less and that you can customise it, being a furniture maker you may like this option, and of course would have the skills and tools to make the handle to your liking.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE