bushcraft in britain

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Sorry mate, talking to the misses in Singapore at the moment so not much time, had a wee deko and thought your place looked great, nice amount of info, coupled with warnings just in case, and it had a "good" feel about it, will have a closer look later.
GB

delbach

Settler
May 21, 2005
N Wales
Looks like a good read i will have a better look later after the lad has gone to bed,he's got chickenpox so he's not a happy chappy
Andrew

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
hi all im not normally a thread writer but i read a few but im just wondering if you would look at my blog and comment on it

Some good info there Paul, good stuff, I don't like the green background color though, too bright for my old eyes at this time of night. :)

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
hiya.

i like your crafty stuff, I'd never have thought of knapping glass (I can be unimaginative sometimes).

I'd be a little more careful with your edible plant articles and have more than just an identification disclaimer. for example i have heard that tansy can induce miscarriage and is therefore an absolute no-no for pregnant women. It can be beneficial for women the rest of the time though (apparently). Also there is the whole thing about dock containing toxic amounts of Oxalic acid.

Not a bad blog though.

Warm regards

Rob

stretch3144

Feb 3, 2009
North Tawton, Devon
Some good information on the UK here. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to share.
Very entertaining, especially making your bows. Must try one myself one day....need to brush up on tree and plant recognition now!

Ian

relfy

Nomad
Hi Paul, Its a nice blog and very readable... However, I would be much more careful with your plant ID as you have two photos of ragwort next to your description of tansy... tansy as you rightly say is edible (but tastes nasty, to be fair - although I have used it with good effect to keep moths out of my woolens) and ragwort is definitely NOT edible, but toxic. Tansy has much smaller (almost not there) petals and the flowers look rather like buttons. Really cool with the bow and fish-hook making though. And the glass arrowheads are very very cool. I've never seen that before. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE