Bushcraft for challenging pupils...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
hmmm, right enough.

theres nothing i like more, after a day trying to convince some young challenging sorts that weeding and barrowing manure is a good idea; than to bugger off on a quiet walk up the river.

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
bogflogger said:
2. Get involved yourselves, instead of just spouting hot air on a Forum and believing it's all "Someone elses problem."

:cool:

And on that note - how can I get involved? Where's a good starting place to find out?

Secondly, what kind of qualifications would I need to move into this kind of work full time (even if it was unpaid!).

Ta muchly

bogflogger

Nomad
Nov 22, 2005
london
Somewhere to start off with, would be to approach your Local Council.

Most of them have volunteer bureaux where you can find out what is running locally.

Alternatively, track down your local Youth Club and see what the potential is there.

Volunteering does NOT mean you do it for nothing, or end up out of pocket!

All reasonable expenses (travel/equipment costs) will be reimbursed to you (you MUST keep all tickets/reciepts for this) and there should be some kind of training courses available, either within the organisation, or subsidised by the organisation for things like NGB Awards.

You will also need a Police Check (again most reputable organisations will pay for this) and you MUST get one done, before you can work with Young People.

:D

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
bogflogger said:
Somewhere to start off with, would be to approach your Local Council.

Most of them have volunteer bureaux where you can find out what is running locally.

Alternatively, track down your local Youth Club and see what the potential is there.

Volunteering does NOT mean you do it for nothing, or end up out of pocket!

All reasonable expenses (travel/equipment costs) will be reimbursed to you (you MUST keep all tickets/reciepts for this) and there should be some kind of training courses available, either within the organisation, or subsidised by the organisation for things like NGB Awards.

You will also need a Police Check (again most reputable organisations will pay for this) and you MUST get one done, before you can work with Young People.

:D

Ta muchly!

:You_Rock_

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
not only would you get to help some young folk but you get to play outdoors yourself for free!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE