Bushcraft First aid course

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
I'll try to get there mid afternoon on Friday and will have both tent and hammock setups, but would prefer the tent.
Is there anything specific I should bring for the course?

Cheer

JFW

Hi all, I cant make this one due to the short notice of me reading this today.....lol

However i am interested if this were to happen in the future.

A bit about me.....I am a former army lad with extensive medical training. especially in the field of improvistion of sling / splints / bandages & Stretchers.

I am NOT a qulified First Aid or medical instructor, but i have an wealth of knowledge in this field which i am more than happy to share, on the understanding that this would be done as mates talking rather than a formal "well he told me to do it that way so sue him" senario.

Please let me know what your thoughts are....

Cheers Naitive Nathan

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
Hi Guys

Daft question, but are there enough trees for a hammock and tarp? I just discovered that my tent was lent by my little sister to one of her friends, a few months ago and still not returned grrrrrrrrrr

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
Nathan, if you change your mind I can offer you a lift tomorrow.

BTW Sniper, I'll be camping but will have my hammock to try out and a bivi just in case.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
That's great gang so we are all ready to go just about. I am hoping to arrive there early afternoon to start setting up the hall and I'm bringing a huge pot of soup for a communal dig in tomorrow night. Does anyone coming up have such a thing as a projector screen we could use. I got mine out tonight to make sure it was clean and usable to find a huge great rip in it so I've had to throw it out? If not I'll bring up a white sheet or something to project onto.

Sniper, Thank you for the offer, but I cant make it, Kids....

Peterlee_Paddler Thank you for you generous offer, but I cant make it, no one to look after my kids (Wife working all day Saturday)

I know I shouldn't be turning this gift horse down as it sounds like a great opportunity.

Thanks for making me feel welcome, home you have a great weekend, and sorry that I couldn,t be part of it this time.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
Back home and the first thing to do is to extend an enormous thankyou to John for giving up his Easter to run this excellent course, which my daughter and I both found really enjoyable and valuable. Great also to meet the rest of the Scotland Northers as well. Many many thanks John from both of us

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
Yes, great course, Thanks Again Sniper for your time and efforts, I feel much more confident in dealing with a wide range of injuries now and was very impressed and surprised at the amount and breadth of material covered, which not only help me during a Bushy accident but in general as well, very impressed.

Laid back way of teaching, at a good pace, and with a lot of humor, made the teachings go in well, good practicall sessions and bandage wrapping, constructive feedback was made at the end for future classes.

Good banter round the fire as usual, met a few new faces, very much enjoyed the weekend, the weather couldn't have been better not a drop of rain.

forogt my camera but hopefully some of the others will post some pics.

Stoo.

Gailainne

Life Member
Yep
Really good course, nice one John, really appreciated the time and effort you put in to make the weekend happen.

As an aside I found a passenger when I got home, a tick firmly embedded in my shin, thought it would be to early for them, but apparently not, have a good check people.

Cheers

Stephen

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Many thanks from me too :D Learned so much,and feeling an awful lot happier about the thought of dealing with things effectively, when needed :cool:
Thoroughly enjoyed the company, and the weather was beautiful :)

Thanks for not only giving up your weekend John, but for all the work that went into your prep. :You_Rock_

I'll post a link to J's photos when he sends me the email.

atb,
Mary

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Thank you all for your comments folks I had a ball, as usual and very glad to hear you all enjoyed it, it was a pleasure to be able to put something back as I learn from you guys everytime we have a meet. It's good to hear you enjoyed it and got something from it cos that makes it all worthwhile for me. All your kind comments and suggestions (some of which I'm sure is only out of sympathy LOL) have been noted and I will try harder next time honest, my report card obviously states "John sets a low standard and fails to maintain it" Ha Ha. Hopefully the word will spread that it's worth doing and I hope we can have a wee bit more time to discuss it at next weekends meet at Eglinton Park to see if there is enough interest from others to organise a new and improved version later on in the year.
Once again thank you for your very kind comments and thanks to Comriecroft for the opportunity to make it happen, and of course thank you to everyone who attended and made it another super weekend.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm absolutely certain that you made a major typo there.........it ought to read, "John sets a very high standard and is determined to refine it even more. " :D

atb,
Mary.........who slept 10 hours straight :eek:

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
I would just like to reiterate the comments above.
Thanks to John for his time and effort which went a long way into refreshing my knowledge and an even longer way into teaching me things that I never actually knew.
Well done John.
Thanks also to the folk who attended for the good company. The weather was a bonus!

Stoo, later today I'll see what piccies I've got and PM you a few.

Cheers.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
I slept a full 12 hours when I got home and only just finished sorting out my kit. Just to say a very big thank you from me on behalf of the Red Cross, you good people have generously donated the grand total of £185.00 for the charity and I could'nt be more pleased, thank you all very much. :You_Rock_ :headbang:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE