Bushcraft blade for the ladies.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Ahh yes. I forgot you don't have real sunshine over there. :) That's the blackout to prevent glare.

But regarding the "girl" comment, you might enjoy this http://youtu.be/VpnXnrVYQfI It's not a real event but it's hilarious none-the-less. It was a staged commercial for the sports drink you see at her side.

That catch was AMAZING! Could she actually be Spiderman in drag?

As for the Barbie pink knife.... yuk, but as has been said horses for courses.

I know several women who would have been insulted being presented something like that, some might even be inclined to slide it between my ribs as well. But I think my youngest daughter (19) would like it. Next time she's on Skype with me I'll ask her.

Biker

This one's kind've feminine LINK

I always thought these type of swords look a bit foppish too. Naturally I wouldn't say that to the face of the owner... I like my spleen unpunctured.

IMG_5720.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Ahh yes. I forgot you don't have real sunshine over there. :) That's the blackout to prevent glare.

Ahh yes to prevent glare. Isn't it amazing that cricket teams playing in Australia, the West Indies and South Africa for five days at a time seem to manage fine without it?

Its makeup :lmao::lmao:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I always thought these type of swords look a bit foppish too. Naturally I wouldn't say that to the face of the owner... I like my spleen unpunctured.

IMG_5720.jpg

Or as Obi Wan put it...
[video=youtube;0aRtupiY9Dw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aRtupiY9Dw[/video]

Biker

Or as Obi Wan put it...
[video=youtube;0aRtupiY9Dw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aRtupiY9Dw[/video]

As the saying goes - Touché :swordfigh Funny how Obi-wan cat cut the legs off and arm of his Padawan and just leave him to die beside a river of lava and call it "a civilised age."

Back to that Salamanca. If my life partner presented me with a diamond encrusted gold hilted sword and it didn't match the sofa cushions and curtains I'd hit him with my handbag! :lmao:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
As the saying goes - Touché :swordfigh Funny how Obi-wan cat cut the legs off and arm of his Padawan and just leave him to die beside a river of lava and call it "a civilised age."

Back to that Salamanca. If my life partner presented me with a diamond encrusted gold hilted sword and it didn't match the sofa cushions and curtains I'd hit him with my handbag! :lmao:

Handbags at dawn... ohhh fancy.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
" Hair barrette ".........aye, right :rofl:
I have hair long enough to reach my waist and it's usually pinned up, but even my (literally hundreds) of clasps, grips and pins, have nothing like that weight :rolleyes:
Long thin stiletto spikes though, weigh a fraction of that 'thing'.

Mary

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
" Hair barrette ".........aye, right :rofl:
I have hair long enough to reach my waist and it's usually pinned up, but even my (literally hundreds) of clasps, grips and pins, have nothing like that weight :rolleyes:
Long thin stiletto spikes though, weigh a fraction of that 'thing'.

Mary

And ladies daggers of the type you talk of were often worn seemingly sometimes it was just a spike, I like a lass that can use a blade. Used to know a rather fetching forensic pathologist...

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Ahh yes to prevent glare. Isn't it amazing that cricket teams playing in Australia, the West Indies and South Africa for five days at a time seem to manage fine without it?

Its makeup :lmao::lmao:

See! You've already explained the problem. They're playing cricket. That shows they're too addled to understand proper sun protection. The only game that makes less sense is tennis. I mean think about it; where else do they call it "luv" when nobody scores?

Last edited:

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Ahh see the big difference between cricket and baseball, is that when there is a world championship at cricket, more than one country competes !

:nana::nana:.

Of course rounders is quite popular here - with junior school girls :D

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Ahh see the big difference between cricket and baseball, is that when there is a world championship at cricket, more than one country competes !

:nana::nana:.

Of course rounders is quite popular here - with junior school girls :D

Competition? In cricket? There's actually competition? How can you tell?

As for how many countries compete in a baseball world championship, this year the Dominican Republic finnaly bumped Japan off the top spot when they won over the other 16 countries that managed to field a team:

The countries that have participated in WBC showing their highest result achieved, and the countries to participate in the qualifying tournament.

The 2006 and 2009 tournaments each had the same 16–team field, chosen by invitation. Starting with the 2013 tournament the top 12 teams from the previous tournament were chosen by invitation and a qualifying round has been used to determine the remaining 4 teams.
[h=3]All–time standings[edit][/h]
Team200620092013Total
22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png
Australia
22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png
Brazil
22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
Canada
22px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China.svg.png
China
22px-Flag_of_Chinese_Taipei_for_Olympic_games.svg.png
Chinese Taipei
22px-Flag_of_Cuba.svg.png
Cuba
22px-Flag_of_the_Dominican_Republic.svg.png
Dominican Republic
22px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png
Italy
22px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png
Japan
22px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png
Mexico
22px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png
Netherlands
22px-Flag_of_Panama.svg.png
Panama
22px-Flag_of_Puerto_Rico.svg.png
Puerto Rico
22px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png
South Africa
22px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.png
South Korea
22px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
Spain
22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States
22px-Flag_of_Venezuela.svg.png
Venezuela
Total16161648

Of course all the competition had to be over in time for the players to get back to the States to play for the REAL teams. Or back to Canada (to a Canadian team that's won the world Series)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Oh Lord, they're talking about cricket and baseball, two of the most boring subjects on the planet. Where's the water tower, where's my gun? We could always watch paint dry fellas!

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Oh Lord, they're talking about cricket and baseball, two of the most boring subjects on the planet. Where's the water tower, where's my gun? We could always watch paint dry fellas!

Could be worse. We could take up golf :pokenest:

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
gotta be man enough to wear pink ;).

after all traditionally up to 100ish yrs ago it was a boys colour seen as part of the red spectrum traditionally a Warrior's colour for Blood

where as blue was girls due to assosiation to the Virgin Mary always in pale blue

Or Red for Mars and Blue for Venus, or Red for Yang and Blue for Ying. Notably the Massai dressed according to this scheme under their blankets.

MassaiDance_zpsf5d543c8.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE