Bushcraft blade for the ladies.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Whilst I'm fairly relaxed about what a knife looks like as long as it does the job for which it's intended - if we're talking pure aesthetics, then that knife is flaming horrible :rant:

I get really annoyed at this culture that says all you have to do to interest a woman in something is to colour it pink and she'll suddenly want it. It's patronising and embarrassing.

So strongly do some women feel about this that there's actually a campaign about it - http://www.pinkstinks.co.uk/

Charlotte
[SUB](who, for the avoidance of doubt, is both the owner of an OG Mora and a yew-handled, 01 bushy blade)[/SUB]

theres always a campaign about something these days in the old days you jsut didnt buy what you didnt like not try and campaign to stop others who like it buying as well (always nice when others force there choices on others)

they make Moras in about every colour you can think of why would they discriminate and leave one out ????

heres some I made they lasted zero seconds when put out to sell bought by ladies for themselves not patronising Partners

Dsc_4384.jpg

:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm with Lyope on this one; in moderation pink's fine, but it's the saccharine bubblegum airheaded barbieness that really grates :yuck:
Now when I see boys rushing to buy the pink knives, I'll believe all the males who think it's fine.

I'm also in agreement with British Red about green and black handled tools; very non offensive, but all too easy to lose in foliage or undergrowth. I find the blue ones easiest to find though; orange can often just disappear into autumnal woodland.

Mary......who owns and uses everything from a WM1 to a Chris Claycombe spyderco on a regular basis, ( the list includes Makers knives and mainstream ones like Brusletto and Helle, and I do have Mora's; Classic and 2K) This week it's been the little Mark Hill knife that's been getting a work out cutting up tinder fungus.

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If the gun links get much more then this needs shifted to fair game folks :rolleyes:
Please remember that not everyone opens the forum in the comfort of their own home and many schools, colleges, etc., have strict guidelines about firearms sites.
At least if it's in Fair Game they ought to know to be aware of links and any potential problems it may cause them

Toddy

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
One of my mates likes pink. He gets grief :D He has a grey van with pink trim. Remember sending me the pink kydex? :D

gotta be man enough to wear pink ;).

after all traditionally up to 100ish yrs ago it was a boys colour seen as part of the red spectrum traditionally a Warrior's colour for Blood

where as blue was girls due to assosiation to the Virgin Mary always in pale blue

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Ms. Swift hates them. I almost bought one for me, but it's not as nice in real-life as it is in the photo.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
That's afir enough - the one time for such attire is when a girl is playing rounders (I assume thats a girl given the makeup worn)

Ahh yes. I forgot you don't have real sunshine over there. :) That's the blackout to prevent glare.

But regarding the "girl" comment, you might enjoy this http://youtu.be/VpnXnrVYQfI It's not a real event but it's hilarious none-the-less. It was a staged commercial for the sports drink you see at her side.

Last edited:

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
If the gun links get much more then this needs shifted to fair game folks :rolleyes:
Please remember that not everyone opens the forum in the comfort of their own home and many schools, colleges, etc., have strict guidelines about firearms sites.
At least if it's in Fair Game they ought to know to be aware of links and any potential problems it may cause them

Toddy

Sorry Mary. TBH I don't look at what particular forum we're in unless I'm actually starting a thread.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Lets be honest. If you really want to get a girl or woman interested in a knife (or any other piece of outdoor equipment) you don't need to paint the handle pink. It's much, much more effective to encrust said handle with splarly, shiny diamonds and gems!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Lets be honest. If you really want to get a girl or woman interested in a knife (or any other piece of outdoor equipment) you don't need to paint the handle pink. It's much, much more effective to encrust said handle with splarly, shiny diamonds and gems!

Like this... LINK

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Now, see, that's rather nice :) Kind of discreet bling, iimmc.

.......would I spend £70,000 on it though ? No, there's an awful lot of good that could be done with £70,000 going spare :)

Mary

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Now, see, that's rather nice :) Kind of discreet bling, iimmc.

.......would I spend £70,000 on it though ? No, there's an awful lot of good that could be done with £70,000 going spare :)

Mary

In my experience the bling doesn't have to be discreet though. Often something austintatious will work also.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Some knives are naturally masculine and others are feminine regardless of the colours... I got Eloise a very pretty scandi knife and she instantly bonded with it.

Can't find out the first thing about it now though, just know it was made by a bloke called John-erik who lived in Finland and was sold by Attleborough Accessories back in 2006 when I got it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE