BushBuddy and Whitebox stove a flexible combination?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
it keep's getting better , anything else

... the base doesn't get hot and you can hold it in your palm when alight. Can't see any serious application for that, but it may be useful when you don't want to burn the wooden country bench you have it resting on.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Yeah, if you get the 4gb musical version you can have a boogie while you're waiting for a boil.

[video=youtube;ASaiKxzxxfA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASaiKxzxxfA[/video]

Nooooooooooo!!!!! Not again!!!!! That was some of my life you used up watching that the first time.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
... the base doesn't get hot and you can hold it in your palm when alight. Can't see any serious application for that, but it may be useful when you don't want to burn the wooden country bench you have it resting on.

My Bushcooker doesn't allow that, I scorched my thumb and two fingers the first time I test boiled mine :( I leave it a couple of minutes now before I touch it

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
Nice. I use Esbit tablets instead of meths in combination with my BB. I place the tablet on the bottom end of a pop can and use the BB pot support, well as a pot support. You can also just chuck the meths directly into the BB and lite that.

Nigel

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
just did some testing but couldent take any photos as i cant find my camra at the moment if you do use a trangia burner in place of the whitebox stove, if you place the burner on top of the lid you can use the simmer ring so you can cook for longer.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Just back from using this combination on a two-dayer on the Pennine Way. Worked a treat. Brews on the moorland with the Whitebox and cooked the chilli/couscous in the woods with the BushBuddy. The dehydrated meal was OK - I needed to use more water and to leave it a bit longer as there were one or two crunchy bits that hadn't rehydrated.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Just back from using this combination on a two-dayer on the Pennine Way. Worked a treat. Brews on the moorland with the Whitebox and cooked the chilli/couscous in the woods with the BushBuddy. The dehydrated meal was OK - I needed to use more water and to leave it a bit longer as there were one or two crunchy bits that hadn't rehydrated.

Sounds like a nice trip, I'm hoping to get the PW in sometime this year.

Not keen on the Reiter meals then ? I've not tried that brand yet but I'm looking at what's available these days. Was the flavour okay ?

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Sounds like a nice trip, I'm hoping to get the PW in sometime this year.

Not keen on the Reiter meals then ? I've not tried that brand yet but I'm looking at what's available these days. Was the flavour okay ?

Flavour was fine - as was the carry weight! I reckon any shortcomings were down to my culinary technique and impatience. i'll definitely try some of the other flavours.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Flavour was fine - as was the carry weight! I reckon any shortcomings were down to my culinary technique and impatience. i'll definitely try some of the other flavours.

I've only used the Westlers stuff which Leezo was selling on here a while ago, the pasta types usually take around 500ml of water and need about 8-10 minutes. I've just knocked up some pouch cozies if you want to try one ? This sort of thing ...

http://www.wildernessdining.com/as709995.html

Hopefully getting some velcro spots off Lindsey which will finish them off.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE