Bush Medicine at the Moot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I'm going to pull out of this one if you don't mind Sandsnake. If there's anoyone who'd like my slot please do take it.

Sunday Morning session
Womble
Chas Brookes
Stooboy
RussT x 2
Twoflower (as he promised to bring his hang over as well)
Bobbin
Moduser

Monday Morning session
Tadpole
Toadflax
Mrs DHD
Reddave x 2
andy_e
spamel

Floaters ie want to but not sure when

Tripitaka x2
Tiger Eyes (don't mind which session as nothing else booked)
Glen (don't mind which session as nothing else booked)
woods_man (don't mind which session as nothing else booked)
Seoras
Buckshot x 2 (not sure when. Have the Hangi to do etc)
Rhoda
Sandy (SWMBO to Longstrider)
Cobweb (doing flint knapping on the Sunday at some point and helping Wayland with the people/portrait side of photography. Oh and possibly doing a net making thingy whenever.)

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I'd like to say how interesting, and enlightening, the bush medicine session was with Sandsnakes on Monday morning. If you have any interest in this subject, I would thoroughly recommend attending a session if one is held in the future. Sandsnakes is a master of his subject, both in his knowledge and the way in which he presents it, and I am looking forward to reading the booklet that he had produced for the Moot. I very much liked the way in which he was responsive to his audience's interests and needs - this was a very interactive workshop.

For myself, I would definitely want to attend another session next year.

Geoff

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Got to agree with Toadflax, very interesting and some of the stuff we were shown seemed to work even though the sceptical side of me didn't want to believe it. After the six back thimps, I was left quite squiffy headed and I had a tingling sensation in my left hand and right hip. These subsided, but I got a tingle in my left hand every now and then until that evening! Really very strange, yet pleasant at the same time!

The "cauldron potions" really seemed to be helping people out too, and it is very interesting to know about the different types, ie. plaster, compress and poultice (I hope I've got them right!). If another is run at the next Moot, I will likely attend. Very interesting, and a good laugh too, especially it seems when I decided to take an impromptu shower! :rolleyes:

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Just have to say it, it was a pleasure to teach you all and help pass on our ancient heritage. You were a great crowd.. more injuries needed for next year!

Anything I should add or change do let me know for next year.

Book is being rewritten as I type.

Sandsnakes :You_Rock_

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Many thanks sandsnakes for a very interesting course, the pace and tone were just right IMHO and the opportunity to manipulate Spamel's widdle point was priceless.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Thanks Sandsnakes for showing us another dimension to health and medicine. Great workshop and booklet. My challenge for the next week is to use something from it in my work!

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I was sorry i missed this :(
I just ordered a book of ebay called `roman uses for herbs in medicine and cooking` it was a very old book from 1950. maybe you would like it when im though with it.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
For those of you who were at the Monday morning session, you may be interested to know that I have tried to exclude milk from my diet since then and this has had a very noticeable effect on my persistent cough - which has almost gone.

It is very noticeable that if I forget and have a Latte, or get desperate to have some cereal with milk, that the cough returns shortly afterwards.

I may have to take a close look at the Stone Age Diet. I saw a link to "Carla's Stone Age Diet" somewhere - I thought it was in Sandsnakes' book but I can't find it so maybe it was somewhere else. Can anyone else remember?

Geoff

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
For those of you who were at the Monday morning session, you may be interested to know that I have tried to exclude milk from my diet since then and this has had a very noticeable effect on my persistent cough - which has almost gone.

It is very noticeable that if I forget and have a Latte, or get desperate to have some cereal with milk, that the cough returns shortly afterwards.

I may have to take a close look at the Stone Age Diet. I saw a link to "Carla's Stone Age Diet" somewhere - I thought it was in Sandsnakes' book but I can't find it so maybe it was somewhere else. Can anyone else remember?

Geoff
I don't drink milk at all as it is bad for you. but milk doesn't make you cough, it just makes the cough more unpleasent and noticable. (be carefull not to diss milk too much as people with vested interest get bent out of shape, yes even on this site)

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
I cut out dairy products this summer and basically saw my hayfever dissapear completely and I could stop taking medication.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I don't drink milk at all as it is bad for you. but milk doesn't make you cough, it just makes the cough more unpleasent and noticable. (be carefull not to diss milk too much as people with vested interest get bent out of shape, yes even on this site)

I think you might have been one of the people who suggested cutting out milk - so thanks. :You_Rock_ And I'm not knocking milk per se, but for me cutting it out has improved my life, as I no longer cough all day long. :) Though I do miss a nice bowl of sugar puffs with cold milk...:(

Geoff

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire

I think you might have been one of the people who suggested cutting out milk - so thanks. :You_Rock_ And I'm not knocking milk per se, but for me cutting it out has improved my life, as I no longer cough all day long. :) Though I do miss a nice bowl of sugar puffs with cold milk...:(

Geoff

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
My daughter had runny noses and cough with Cows milk. No problem with other milks like goats. In some people it may be a reaction to a particular animal protein.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE