Bush Medicine at the Moot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Hi all,

I am running a Bush Medicine session at the moot after the well recived session poultice demo last year.

It will cover

Simple use of UK kitchen herbs
Simple use of UK herbs for poultice application
Simple accupressure

Some of will remember how quickly we got rid of some monster hangovers!:lmao: :rolleyes:

The emphasis is UK herbs as we all live in the UK. Its designed to be carried in your head and to be be used as an everyday tool.

If there is a specific condition you want covered, let me know.:)

Come and learn how our ancestors used the woods to heal.

If you are interested please drop me a line.

Sandsnakes

webbie

Forager
Jan 1, 1970
scotland
some things like this would be really good on youtube or similar imo as it would reach a wider audiance.

good luck with your demo

webbie

Twoflower

Nomad
May 11, 2007
Northants
I am going to sacrifice myself and get absolutely blotto the night before I do your workshop Rod, that way you can go to work on a hangover :D

But seriously, after your workshop last year I'm definately interested in learning more about uses for plants. :You_Rock_

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Strange but true.

The only knife I have ever found that will trim the old silicon seal from the base of the shower tray in one easy cut is a UDEMAN 440 stainless steel knife made in Spain. :You_Rock_ Nice little thing, better than a stanley etc. One cut did it all... bushcraft tools reign supreme.

So if anyone wants to develop an ailment for the moot ....bring it on!

Sandsnakes

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Hi all,

Thanks for your support Matt, Nightwalker, Kit to, Chas Buckshot, Susan (Two flower) and webbie.

If you are going to do the course try and buddy up. Its easier if there are two of you. I will post some basics later on, but should be able to bring most of the kit with me.

Sandsnakes

ps Dave Budd the Knife man pretty please, could they be ready for the moot by then?:red:

Bobbin

Jan 20, 2007
England
I really enjoyed last year's poultice session so am definitely interested in attending this one :)

Please count me in!

Many thanks
Bobbin

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Can anyone remember if there are any pine trees at the moot site?

I want to collect the needles (green) to show a poultice for chest infections, its our native version of eucalyptus poultice.

Sandsnakes

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...

I want to collect the needles (green) to show a poultice for chest infections, its our native version of eucalyptus poultice.

Sandsnakes

Im sure there are a few. IIRC Twoflower and I stumbled across a couple on a walk on the last day, although my memory is vague at best. :rolleyes:

Twoflower

Nomad
May 11, 2007
Northants

I seem to recall you sending someone off to find some pine scales last year, or did you ask someone to climb a tree (with the hope they would fall so you could treat them? ;)) to collect some? Either way, I remember there being some pine ... I think.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE