British Army Pre mac International Water purifier Set

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
This is a cracking price for this as they are around £70 normally - so good that part of me thinks that there must be a catch. On the other hand, it's got to be worth a trry - just off to log on to ebay and buy one.

tenderfoot

Nomad
May 17, 2008
north west uk
The one i got came with a fitted set of filters plus a spare set I have seen these sold online but cant remember where. However ,they are the same as the civilian ones and "go outdoors" sell them .

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
tenderfoot said:
The one i got came with a fitted set of filters plus a spare set I have seen these sold online but cant remember where. However ,they are the same as the civilian ones and "go outdoors" sell them .

Thanks. You mean you've had yours delivered already? That's good going at this time of year.

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
mine arrived this morning, ordered it on the 22nd, so really fast delivery for this time of year. It's brand new and came with a spare set of filters.

Can't argue at that price and delivery, really happy with it :)

Linky sells the filters too.

no connection to sellers etc .....

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
How good are these at saltwater, that is sea water, filtering ?

Nick

This filter is not designed as a desalinator and would not be able to make saltwater, drinking water.

The Katadyn Desalinator Series will perhaps be your best choice for small, portable, 100% reliable desalinators.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
A version the Katadyn Survivor 35 Desalinator can be bought for about £135:00 plus shipping and UK Duty (and the Royal Mail £8:00 Handling Fee).

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Ta for the heads up too. I just bought one too he currently has two left for sale one with an additional large inlet pre filter. But I wasn't sure what that meant so got one of the others. :confused:

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Thanks, also, for the heads up. Just received mine - this guy is excellent to deal with: the first one arrived with a broken outlet pipe and he replaced it immediately and sent me a free pouch to compensate for the hassle. If only all eBayers were like him!

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Helixpteron any chance you could post a link for that ?

i am having trouble finding one that cheap

cheers

M

The Katadyn MK6 Desalinator is the PUR/Survivor 35, the MK6 is a military designation for the same unit.

I've confirmed with the seller that these are factory sealed, unissued and unused units which have been kept as Reserve Stock, these have NEVER been put in lifeboats!

I also confirmed with Katadyn that the only thing which may be prudent to do, is to renew the O rings, Katadyn do an O ring kit, buy it from the US for the best price.

The seller responds to e-mailed questions at lightspeed, Very, Very Impressive!

http://store.colemans.com/cart/katadyn-mk6-desalinator-p-2278.html

Hope this helps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE