British army 3/4 challenger 200 mummy sleeping bag -10

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
Advice please,

Does any one no of these bags, Just seen one on ebay £29.99.

Looks like the snugpak softies in the picture. I know that a pic is nogood to go by. So any advice greatly appreciated .

Thanks.

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
If its this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRITISH-ARMY-...620813&cguid=fc573d1e12d0a0aa14a09670ff386802

its not actual british army,but it has a good spec ,might be worth a go.

Daz

Thanks for your reply Daz, I realise its not actually British Army, I was in the infantry for six years, but it was just what was in the title of the bag. Its a Highlander bag I believe and I agree with you the spec seems good. I would just like to speak to some one who owns one, before I make the plunge.

If I cant find any one then I think I will go for the snugpak softie 4 , Oh I just dont know, this bloody kit thing drives you mad,:headbang::headbang:

darrenleroy

Nomad
Jul 15, 2007
London
Thanks for your reply Daz, I realise its not actually British Army, I was in the infantry for six years, but it was just what was in the title of the bag. Its a Highlander bag I believe and I agree with you the spec seems good. I would just like to speak to some one who owns one, before I make the plunge.

If I cant find any one then I think I will go for the snugpak softie 4 , Oh I just dont know, this bloody kit thing drives you mad,:headbang::headbang:

You love it! It's odd the way some of us pore over kit online for hours at a time, but I have to admit I enjoy it. I guess it's the modern equivalent of our hunter gatherer ancestors upon meeting at a market or some such gathering examining each others kit before bartering. It's in our genes. Even when we have enough we always keep on the lookout for an improved version. It's human nature. I'm off to Silverman's tomorrow for a scout around now pay day's arrived. It beats staying in and watching endless amounts of TV. And come spring I know it will be put to good use.

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
Good luck Darren with your visit to silvermans, let us no if you have any wages left when you leave.:D:D

I went to gooutdoors today for a pair of socks and came out with a pair if trousers, a water bottle and a spork.

Oh and one pair of socks.:headbang::headbang:

I have a couple of these bags, not sure if it's too late to be of use, but I found they are great under a tarp on a thermarest or a camp bed with a rool mat, but for hammocks your shoulders get cold where they compress the insulation layer. would also suggest to use a liner if you go below 0 degrees C

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
I have a couple of these bags, not sure if it's too late to be of use, but I found they are great under a tarp on a thermarest or a camp bed with a rool mat, but for hammocks your shoulders get cold where they compress the insulation layer. would also suggest to use a liner if you go below 0 degrees C

Not to late, so thank you for that. I have still not bought a new bag yet so for the price I might give one of these a go.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE