Boy Stuff!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jamesoconnor

Nomad
Jul 19, 2005
Hamilton, lanarkshire
hi there,
id recomend that you use shaving oil on your face, something like 'king of shaves' should do. also its a tiny bottle so should use not much space. as for a razor, just use its head and not the handle if yuo want to save space ets!!also you can use suntan lotion but make sure it has moisturising qualities in it so help soften up your face after shaving. this will help prevent razor rash. it shouldn't give you spots either as you had feared, especially if you seal any pores with ice cold water, ie from a stream. as this will not allow any oil to penetrate your pores.
i knew being a barber would come in handy on this site for something.

regards
james

Shepherd

Tenderfoot
I was bumming around Africa and South East Asia mostly and over 10 years or so i visited or travelled through about 55 countries.

My pack contents changed incredibly over that time. I guess at it's best i had...

Mini wash kit - (pack towel cut to the size of a flannel, deo-stone, toothbrush cut in half and tooth powder in flat pot, Micro shaving handle and blade but rarely shaved, small shower gel. small comb)

Multi tool

Silk Liner by Snugpak and then had better one made in India

Sarong

Shorts that doubled as swimming trunks

Diary/Journal/minidisc player for recording and playing music

Shortwave radio

Book to read

mozi repellant and prophylactics

Bar of clothes soap

1 Pair of gortex socks to turn my sandals into boots

Mozi net made by Katmandu

Pertex Poncho

Pocket hammock

Firstaid/survival kit with the basics like condoms, iodine for cuts and purification of water, magnesium fire starter etc

Ortileb collapsable bottle

Nylon cord

Sometimes a micro 3/4 length thermarest

I wore a pair of craghoppers that zipped into shorts and a thermal vest with half zip. Under there around my neck a pouch for passport, cash card, and around my upper thigh a garter type thing with £500 cash for emergencies... Oh.. and..Pertex pants made by buffalo (dried in seconds)

Tilly hat

On my feet i had a pair Teva's and when they dies a pair of lizard sandals with vibram soles.

I am thinking that being in mostly hot countries helped also i tended to not take many clothes and just wash what i had on every day.

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Nice
I tried King of shaves and didn't realy get on with it.
I just bought a miniture aerosol can of shaving gel (my usual nivea) from superdrug or boots.
Both now have a "travel" section where you can buy most of your standard wash kit miniturised.
This is what i did for a recent week long expedition, all fitted in a 35ltr rucksack, that i had no difficulty carrying.
Incidentaly - i did cut the handle off my toothbrush - just so it would fit in the little "complimentary airline washbag" i had blagged somewhere.
Towel wise a "shemagh"
Flannel wise the same "shemagh" (can also be used as a scarf, hat, mosquito exterminator, "dressing gown", mozzynet,pillow case..... ***Shemagh can also be a sarong)

Jamie on the other hand is a girl and shaves his legs !

jAMIESHAVE.jpg

:D
Cheers
Rich

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE