Boy Stuff!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
u can get nivea nuage shave oil for 99p!!! (if u have a bodycare shop near you)

its just as good as king of shaves and less than half the price

shaving on an evenin is best (apparantly) something about your folicles being more open

i always trim the beard on an eve....an it looks proper bo!

(soz)

lardbloke

Nomad
Jul 1, 2005
Torphichen, Scotland
You lot must have bum fluff for facial hair. Mine is like barbed wire and is a real git to shave (especially in the field). I get razor burn no matter what I use and trust me I have tried every product that exists over the years. In my forces days we were forced to use very basic gear and cold water, which usually meant a lot of pain, blood and a shaving rash from hell. After shaving if I applied E45 to the problem areas then the rash would calm down pretty quickly. So when I am out these days I simply do not shave. The only way I can shave normally safely thses days is with a remington electric razor (make sure the face is warm, this is what applying shaving cream sometimes does) and then apply the old faithful E45.

Rod

On a new journey
I wouldn't plan to shave in the field unless I absolutely have to. But when needs must I agree that oil is best. I also go for a twin blade - it's close enough without risk of scrapping away more skin than you wish. Having tried triples/singles/disposables I have found this best. It's not ultra super close, so I have some face left and I get no complaints from my missus ;)

The Routine:-
Wash face in warm water
Oil up and shave the 'down' strokes - keep razor wet, rinse often.
Rinse face in warm water, re-oil face
Keep razor wet, do 'up' strokes
rinse and pat dry.
Apply shaving balm
(lie back & smoke a cigar - optional)

Remember to keep the strokes short and smooth. Rinse your razor often

Hedgehog

Nomad
Jun 10, 2005
East Sussex
I am just converting from an electric shaver to using my Grandfathers old strait razor. After putting a new edge on it I can safely say it delivers the most comfortable wet shave I've ever had.

It's far sharper that any disposable blade razor I've used & so causes much less irritation & only needs stropping a few times to bring the edge back - nothing gets thrown away iether, I'd sooner a hairy chin than waste more plastic/oil.

If you're out & about surely any vegetable oil will work for shaving, apply water first then some oil - parhaps this would save a little weight/space too.

I used to like KOS alot but am still unsure as to the desirability of using Silicon - not something you want under your skin/ in your mouth etc.

A good rule of thumb for any cosmetic - If you wouldn't eat it then don't put it on your skin.

NickBristol

Forager
Feb 17, 2004
Bristol, UK
Anyone tried waxing their face? Saw a chap at university who'd had one side of his face done. I guess there must have been a pretty good reason why he didn't get the rest of his face done tho... :eek:

I know several ladies who've had various bits done, and they say that the pain rapidly subsides. Hands up who believes them? :eek:

Anyone going to volunteer to try it out? Obviously I would but I'm...errr...ummm....busy...forever :rolleyes:

Pappa

Need to contact Admin...
May 27, 2005
South Wales
www.plot55.com
It's not about shaving in the field, but when I first started shaving, I used a Wilkinson Sword protector, which used to cut my face to ribbons on a regular basis. A little while later, someone gave me a cut throat razor. It was the cloasest shave ever, and I never once cut myself with it. Nowadays though, I just cut my beared off about once a month.

Pappa

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
Any tips on using oil. I tried it yesterday but wasn't sure how much to put on. The shave was OK but when rinsing my face off after it stung like $&%^$^%$£^

It's easier to keep for face clean when biking if you have a clean shave, otherwise I'd just leave it (which I might still do)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE