bottlecaps

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Its amazing when you notice something you took for granted.

I dont drink much and so do not generate many bottecaps

Sorting throgh stuff with a friend, found a bag and I took them home.

What to do with them? I know they can be used to make a fish descaler but thats all.

They are an interesting collectable but I like things to have a function.

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
Are they all different colours? If so, then glue them onto a board in an artistic fashion, and create a piece of contemporary wall art, or, if you have enough, a coffee table top.

When I have a large enough collection I will do something like that, to preserve for posterity a record of some of my wasted drinking years!

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I've seen them used as fishing lures, bird scarers, part of clothing/jewelery and lots in art projects.

A friend of mine saved a bunch up, (forge)welded them together and made it into a knife. It was rubbish, don't bother with that one!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Well, they would not...the metal is soft. I think that would be a given.

They are easy to aqquire. Just go in the pub at the end of the evening. (Not like I did, at the start...but I do have 8 more now)

I wouldnt scratch myself on the curtain...put my hand through first. Butchers have those chain curtains, do they not?

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Turn them upside down, then nail them closely spaced onto a piece of 12mm ply. Makes a good boot scraper for muddy shoes and wellies.

Reactions: Janne

Clayze

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2018
West Sussex
Quite so, apologies Tengu. Leaving nostalgia on the back burner and setting aside musical instruments I'm afraid I'm stumped. We find enough of the dammed things metal detecting on Brighton Beach.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Turn them upside down, then nail them closely spaced onto a piece of 12mm ply. Makes a good boot scraper for muddy shoes and wellies.

Anyone remember Flanders and Swann, Design for Living?
http://members.optusnet.com.au/penn...sSwann/DropOfaHat/At the Drop of a Hat05.html

Flanders: Have you a home that cries out to your every visitor,
"Here lives someone who is exciting to know"?

No?

Well, why not... collect those little metal bottle-tops, and nail them upside-down to the floor? This will give the sensation... of walking... on little metal bottle-tops turned upside-down.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Reactions: oldtimer

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE