Book gift it on

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
On offer from me is "Thin he was with filthy hair" by Robert Llewellyn. A fascinating account of his teenage years in various squats in Oxford. Lots of drugs, sex and general teenage idiocy, this is a good read if you remember the seventies.......

A bit dog eared but it's all there and the words are good.

Paul

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
On offer from me is "Thin he was with filthy hair" by Robert Llewellyn. A fascinating account of his teenage years in various squats in Oxford. Lots of drugs, sex and general teenage idiocy, this is a good read if you remember the seventies.......

A bit dog eared but it's all there and the words are good.

Paul

Morning bump. This is a good read guys, especially if you are in your forties and had long hair in your teens............

In order to make this more attractive I'm going to chuck in the Sainsbury's Nectar card voucher for a fiver of a 70cl bottle of 12 year old Glenfiddich (I'm assuming it can be used by any old nectar card):p

Last edited:

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
Morning bump. This is a good read guys, especially if you are in your forties and had long hair in your teens............

In order to make this more attractive I'm going to chuck in the Sainsbury's Nectar card voucher for a fiver of a 70cl bottle of 12 year old Glenfiddich (I'm assuming it can be used by any old nectar card):p

Morning bump...any takers.............

Nova & Pinky

Settler
Jan 13, 2011
Mitcham, South London (Surrey)

Pinky wasn't even born in the seventies, but i have a feeling he'll like this so yes please!
Will have a think about what to offer next when i get to work! :)

EDIT: I'll offer The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Hidden in the heart of the old city of Barcelona is the 'cemetery of lost books', a labyrinthine library of obscure and forgotten titles that have long gone out of print. To this library, a man brings his 10-year-old son Daniel one cold morning in 1945. Daniel is allowed to choose one book from the shelves and pulls out 'La Sombra del Viento' by Julian Carax. But as he grows up, several people seem inordinately interested in his find. Then, one night, as he is wandering the old streets once more, Daniel is approached by a figure who reminds him of a character from La Sombra del Viento, a character who turns out to be the devil. This man is tracking down every last copy of Carax's work in order to burn them. What begins as a case of literary curiosity turns into a race to find out the truth behind the life and death of Julian Carax and to save those he left behind. A page-turning exploration of obsession in literature and love, and the places that obsession can lead.

Really good book and infinitely (in my opinion) better written than The Da Vinci Code!

Last edited:

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
Pinky wasn't even born in the seventies, but i have a feeling he'll like this so yes please!

Hidden in the heart of the old city of Barcelona is the 'cemetery of lost books', a labyrinthine library of obscure and forgotten titles that have long gone out of print. To this library, a man brings his 10-year-old son Daniel one cold morning in 1945. Daniel is allowed to choose one book from the shelves and pulls out 'La Sombra del Viento' by Julian Carax. But as he grows up, several people seem inordinately interested in his find. Then, one night, as he is wandering the old streets once more, Daniel is approached by a figure who reminds him of a character from La Sombra del Viento, a character who turns out to be the devil. This man is tracking down every last copy of Carax's work in order to burn them. What begins as a case of literary curiosity turns into a race to find out the truth behind the life and death of Julian Carax and to save those he left behind. A page-turning exploration of obsession in literature and love, and the places that obsession can lead.

Really good book and infinitely (in my opinion) better written than The Da Vinci Code!

Cool, well Nova send me a pm and I'll get it on its way to you...............

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK

afternoon bump................

Berk

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2011
Northants
Cheers Tengu, the book arrived today. resnikov, I got yours posted today, a day late, sorry.

Currently on offer.

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
berk mine arrived today. Many thanks

Current offering

Nova & Pinky said:
Will have a think about what to offer next when i get to work!

Berk

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2011
Northants
Bally hell, that was quick. Under 24 hours!

Puddock

Nomad
Nov 7, 2010
Dumfries and Galloway
Currently on offer

The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

Nova & Pinky

Settler
Jan 13, 2011
Mitcham, South London (Surrey)
No takers?
Hmm... okay.

How about 'The Buddah of Suburbia' by Hanif Kureishi
The Buddha of Suburbia, Hanif Kureishi's first novel, is a tour de force of comic invention, a bizarre, often hilarious, and totally original picture of the life of a young Pakistani growing up in 1970s Britain. Karim lives with his Mum and Dad in a suburb of south London and dreams of making his escape to the bright lights of the big city. But his father is no ordinary Dad, he is 'the buddha of suburbia', a strange and compelling figure whose powers of meditation hold a circle of would-be mystics spellbound with the fascinations of the East. Among his disciples is the glamorous and ambitious Eva, and when 'the buddha of suburbia' runs off with her to a crumbling flat in Barons Court, Karim's life becomes changed in ways that even he had never dreamed of . . .

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
No takers?
Hmm... okay.

The Buddha of Suburbia, Hanif Kureishi's first novel, is a tour de force of comic invention, a bizarre, often hilarious, and totally original picture of the life of a young Pakistani growing up in 1970s Britain. Karim lives with his Mum and Dad in a suburb of south London and dreams of making his escape to the bright lights of the big city. But his father is no ordinary Dad, he is 'the buddha of suburbia', a strange and compelling figure whose powers of meditation hold a circle of would-be mystics spellbound with the fascinations of the East. Among his disciples is the glamorous and ambitious Eva, and when 'the buddha of suburbia' runs off with her to a crumbling flat in Barons Court, Karim's life becomes changed in ways that even he had never dreamed of . . .

Morning bump - I have read this and it is a good read - any takers?

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
No takers?
Hmm... okay.

bump for today............

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE