boil in the bag meals

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
beware the best before dates, many expire in march this year, fine if you are out and about before then....... though probs got a good few months after that i should guess

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
They have been talked about a lot here. Good quality but small portions you need to fill them out with rice etc. Tesco sell them from time to time for the same price.

Mark W

Dec 29, 2011
Forest of Dean
Looked around last week and noted their security cert had expired, slightly reluctant to part with card details but they've just reported that their "Look What We Found! website has now finished updating and is safe to use."

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
Morrisons sell them if you want to avoid postage costs.

Not tried them myself yet, I'd been keeping my eye out for the rabbit stew variety, to no avail.

I'm guessing its discontinued. (or have I dreamed this?)

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
Was there ever a rabbit stew version?

By the way there's two threads on these meals running at the same time, Does someone work for them?:rolleyes:

Can the threads be linked?

bronskimac

Forager
Aug 22, 2011
Dundee
Me that started the other thread. I tried the bolognese and gave up after two mouthfuls. I gave the chillie a try the other day, it was edible but certainly no pleasure to eat. I won't be trying any others.

I'm thinking about getting a vacuum pack machine so I can pack up my own favourite meals.

winst0nsmith

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2012
South West Wales
Couscous is pretty good campfood, you just need to add hot water so you save on fuel, it cooks in its own heat. Add some dried mushroom, onion, garlic and sundried toms although these need soaking to rehydrate and the toms need water changes to soak out exessive saltiness; and herbs/spices or add anything else you can think of of course.

A famous ***** with a fork does a range of easy to use sachets....

http://smokinggunpr.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Ainsley-sausage.jpg

And you can pick up cheaper ones at the likes of Aldi/Lidl etc for as little as 30p a go, two or three would do a good feed.

Quinoa is good field protien but needs to simmer for 20 mins (or just chuck it into a thermos for 30-40 mins or so, this method works for many things that need to boil/simmer- rice, pasta, eggs, the basic rule of thumb I work on is just under twice your usual simmer time; wide mouthed thermos is best as I found out the first time I used this method for boiled eggs ;) )

I am not affiliated with the ***** with the fork, any supermarket, not grain or flask promoters.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE