Blackcurrant Vodka

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Bottom jars have mostly raspberries and a handful of cranberries in vodka. The raspberries are last years and have been frozen a while so they are breaking up a bit now.

Shame to waste em though

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
ah yes i can see it now, i thought raspberries but through the glass they looked too smooth, but if they are breaking up that explains it.

cheers for clearing that up for me :)

TJ

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Well that's the first week of shaking done now, it's taken on a great colour so far and I'm sure it's thickening up a touch.

Is it better to stick to the schedule above or can I give it more shakes when I feel the urge ?

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Well that's the first week of shaking done now, it's taken on a great colour so far and I'm sure it's thickening up a touch.

Is it better to stick to the schedule above or can I give it more shakes when I feel the urge ?

Up to you, I never bothered. Why not try just one bottle and see the end results, you'll know for next time then :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Stick a glass in mate and try it!

I often just dip a little with a spoon. When I am happy with the flavour I strain (I use a jelly bag into a bowl), filter (two layers of muslin in a seive, put the seive into a big funnel and pour from the bowl into a final bottle.

Just sorted the cranberry and raspberry vodka - mmmm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE