bivi bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
iam thinking of buying a grade 2 british army gortex bivi bay ,from british military surplus ( i have no relationship to them ! ) it states that this item is in need of minor repare !
has anyone delt with this company and is it worth buying grade 2 ?
cheers lads and lasses !:confused:

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
I wouldn't buy grade 2 tbh, your best bet is either wait till one pops up on here (which they frequently do) or contact a surplus seller like Endicotts who can take your budget and make it work ;)
no affiliation to endi's just a happy repeat customer.
pete

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
I wouldn't buy grade 2 tbh, your best bet is either wait till one pops up on here (which they frequently do) or contact a surplus seller like Endicotts who can take your budget and make it work ;)
no affiliation to endi's just a happy repeat customer.
pete

cheers pete ' its just cash flo is a big problem up here ! lol

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I agree with Pete, if you're buying something that's going to keep you warm and dry then the extra few quid for a good one is definitely worth it

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
i would save some cash and get new, ooooor speak to a nice army friend who may be able to get 1 for less than the shops.......

chris................................

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Plenty on the bay,sometimes you'll get one that no-one else bids on.

If I had a spare I'd give it you buddy but i'm sure you'll get a good one from Endicotts if you phone and ask.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
I would agree with the others, with this type of kit your health and comfort is paramount. I'd rather spend more for a warm dry comfortable sleep and scrimp on other things less crucial to your enjoyment of the outdoors like mess tins, stoves or the like.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
There was a thread about British Military Surplus, lots of people had a lot of trouble from them. Things not turning up, wrong size, not as described, poor communication. I'd avoid them if I were you.

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
once again cheers for all the replys lads i'll save up for a while then,lol.
spoony i'd love to go to brockwell but im a bit unfit and very over-weight at the moment( 6ft1 and 24 stone ):yikes: lol so im on a mission to loose a bit by walking around with my bergen (no bricks inside it though):)

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
There was a thread about British Military Surplus, lots of people had a lot of trouble from them. Things not turning up, wrong size, not as described, poor communication. I'd avoid them if I were you.

there was a thred on british army surplus R3XXY but i could not find one on british military surplus ! cheers anyway mate ! :)

Ray Britton

Nomad
Jun 2, 2010
Bristol
I don't know what prices you have been looking at, but issue bivvy bags can be found very cheap these days, with even brand new unissued cammo ones being £40-50, so olive ones are just getting cheaper and cheaper.
Personally I would not pay more than £15-20 for a brand new (in the packet) olive one.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE