Bit of a boast!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
As it went well, I'll tell everyone. The last two weeks I've done pioneering projects with our Scouts. Last week they built a catapult. A fairly simple design with a swinging arm and pull ropes running out to the sides.

This week I set them the challenge of lifting my car. I gave them a few ideas on how I would do it then put one of the PL's in charge.

They went for sheer legs, windlassed together on each wheel. They jammed in another pole as a pivot, as close as they could get it. So 25 Scouts lifted my one tonne car completely clear of the ground! :35:

Having done so they pulled a key from under each tyre and unlocked an ammo tin of choclate. I'm really impressed with them, they are a good bunch of youngsters and I think they managed something they didn't think posible.

Sorry, no pictures. It was dark by the time of the lift. If you have pioneering kit, then it can be done.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE