best sandwich?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
Anything with Marmite is fine by me (including jam or marmalade). I was told by Ivan to try stilton and mango chutney, it is lovely. Best late night munchy food (sorry not a sarnie) is jacobs cream crackers covered in thinly sliced spring onions then grated cheese and microwaved briefly until the cheese melts. Delicious.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
If you want to add a little heat to the mixture try Jalapeno jelly. It goes particularly well with cured ham but go sparingly. Or over creamed cheese as a dip for the side of corn chips.

Ahhh called "chilli jam" in our house. My daughter and I enjoy making it....although it is a bit of a faff to make

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Anything with Marmite is fine by me (including jam or marmalade). I was told by Ivan to try stilton and mango chutney, it is lovely. Best late night munchy food (sorry not a sarnie) is jacobs cream crackers covered in thinly sliced spring onions then grated cheese and microwaved briefly until the cheese melts. Delicious.

Stilton melted on a thick pork chop with a blob of mango chutney is my signature dish.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Mothers Pride Scottish plain pan loaf, butter, strong cheese, sliced tomatoes, sliced banana, fresh milled black pepper, topped with another sliice of pan loaf spread with crunchy peanut butter and salad cream (or as an extra guilty treat Sandwich Spread). (Beetroot can be added to this mix too).

Or for a fruity treat either ginger bread or Dundee cake, sliced, spread with butter and a slice of strong cheddar. :naughty:

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
10 inch Stottie with deep fried smokey Bacon, split & shallow fried sausage, black pudding, couple of fried eggs, mushrooms, onions, and beans & tomatoes, strained from most of their juice so the bun doesn't go too soggy.

Sauces were anything from mustard to garlic to chilli depending what was on the counter.

If you know me now you'll probably guess how often I used to have one of these 13+ years ago and why the sandwich lady & I are still friends, I think I paid a fair bit of her mortgage. LOL

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Are you some sort or Manhattan incomer?????????????/

That is not a butty!

:lmao: Its probably a hell of a lot cheaper than some of the concoctions on here. Its very tasty Hugh. You can get the thinly sliced smoked salmon in the supermarkets for a similiar price as the john west tinned stuff. Add some dairylea, and your set.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Are you some sort or Manhattan incomer?????????????/

That is not a butty!

I've decided to gie ye a Scottish Islands version instead: - twa oatcakes wi the centres punched oot, whack on some sweet pickled rollmops an' top wi crowdie. Would the Mercian version be smoked pike or eel with melted Cheshire cheese? Go on what would the fishy bagel be in your home area?

GB.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE