Best hydration pack bite valve?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I need to replace my bite valve after a drippy bike ride!

I figure there’s no need to stick with the same manufacturer as the pouch so who makes the best valve?

Thanks!

MCNZ

Jul 1, 2020
Newcastle
After years as a MTB guide, my preference would always be camelbak or platypus valves, with a tap/switch. Bladders are all similar but valves you get what you pay for.

Reactions: cbrdave

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
After years as a MTB guide, my preference would always be camelbak or platypus valves, with a tap/switch. Bladders are all similar but valves you get what you pay for.
Platypus had an angled one with a valve built in that is really good.
I would check out Camelbak as their stuff is easier to get hold of or check out Opsrey as their stuff is easier.
I have found an angled one easier to use.
I actual found bike bottles easier to use on a bike than a bladder. It made using High 5 tablets easier to use and to play with caffeine ones.
I am trying to work a bladder back into my set up however not as my actual drinking bottle because I found I either drink to much or not enough.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE