Bergen og pouches

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
I have been ringing around and nobody has any of these( not unless I want to spend £60

Any ideas

Picked up a very good shortback bergen last week at a cracking price but no pouches to be seen

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I had a similar problem but a bit of asking around here and on BB I got pouches and Yoke
very reasonably priced and if I remember rightly very quickly
But you are looking at around £25 minimum I suppose
They do show up on e bay from tiime to time

in fact theres a brand new pair Item number: 290312946845 at the moment

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Anyone with a set of those (Sabre) who can measeure them and tell me:

Length of zip
width between zips
location of attachment points

I'm looking at upgrading the side pouches of my Atlas (I dislike the "front opening" design on the stock pockets), and the Sabre ones look decent. But compatability is an issue...

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I think you'll find that sabre pouches are the same as plce and Do Not Fit the zips on berghaus bags

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Anyone with a set of those (Sabre) who can measeure them and tell me:

Length of zip
width between zips
location of attachment points

I'm looking at upgrading the side pouches of my Atlas (I dislike the "front opening" design on the stock pockets), and the Sabre ones look decent. But compatability is an issue...

Length of Zip = 13 3/4 inches
Width Between Zips = 8 inches give or take.
Exactly the same as PLCE side pouches and they won't fit on a Berghaus Vulcan.

forestwalker

Length of Zip = 13 3/4 inches
Width Between Zips = 8 inches give or take.
Exactly the same as PLCE side pouches and they won't fit on a Berghaus Vulcan.

Vulcan; 35 cm long zips, 22 cm wide, i.e. pretty much the same measurements. Is is zipper type or the way they are turned that is the problem? Turned is a small matter of sewing, type/size is worse, since I then would have to source matching ones (or butcher the existing ones, or course).

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
No problem Steve, I'm lusting after a pair myself... I've had a quick glance at a pair the other day and the web loops on the sides will accept US ALICE webbing pouches. Seemed like good quality but as I say it was only a quick glance.

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I picked up a pair with yoke for £15 delivered a few weeks ago off Ebay. Keep checking as they crop up quite a bit...

For new Karrimor Sabre stock, you could try:-
  • Lurch at Lakeland
  • Tamarack Outdoors
  • Woodlore

I have bought items of all three and can vouch for the quality of service from each.

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE