BBC Survivors series

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Just for you then Red...

3y6ycdk.jpg

And who said it wasn't bushcrafty...

Tom Price, with his temporary basha...

4ibg2tj.jpg

LS

Sep 19, 2006
Gloucester
Just a quick note to say thanks so much for suggesting watching this, I just finished the last series at the weekend and it was all just so so brilliant. Lots of late nights watching 'just one more ep!', quite sad it's over now :(

I was 'in the womb' when the last few eps of series 3 would have aired (summer of '77), but mum remembers watching some of these so maybe I did 'hear' bits of it at the time :)

As much as most people seem to be dissapointed with the last series I really did like the way it was going re: electricty and industry. I just think it would be such a terrible waste of our progress to just ignore technology and go back to pre-industrial revolution. Probably just the lazy modern couch potato with a bit of science background talking. Thats not to say I am in any way against the sustainable farming aspects... I just want everything I guess.

risby

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
dorset, uk
For those of you who missed the BBC series "Survivors" back in the 70's

it's being reprised: "Julie Graham, Max Beesley, Nikki Amuka–Bird and Paterson Joseph star in Survivors, Adrian Hodges’s exciting new action adventure drama series for BBC One produced by BBC Drama Production."

"
How would any of us cope in a brave new world where all traditional 21st Century comforts – electricity, clean running water, advanced technology – have disappeared? These are the questions faced by the bewildered but resilient group of survivors at the centre of the drama"

Max Beesley was on Chris Moyles' show on BBC Radio One this morning and said "Survivors" was coming out in October but I haven't found specific dates yet.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Cant wait for the new series

Has anyone read Empty World by John Christopher. We read it back at school, one of the best books Ive ever read. Went and bought a copy a few years ago and had to order it special as it only goes to the schools normally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empty_World

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE