Bail arm for titanium pot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
Just looking for some ideas...

Have any of you put wire bails on your titanium pots for use over a fire? I don't really want to drill holes in my pot and I'd like it to be removable. What have you folks done, I'm hoping to steal some ideas.... alternatively any solutions

I know that I could try fitting a ring of wire around the rim and use that but I'm hoping to find another solution. Like an arm that was able to lock under the rim etc. Its a Snowpeak 700 that I want to convert, though I also have a Titan Kettle that would be nice to do the same to

Cheers

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I can't find a photo at the moment, but I'm sure I have one somewhere. I used one of the ball chains that connects a firesteel and striker and made two square U shaped brackets from some thin aluminium sheet. The two brackets sit under the lip of my Alpkit Ti mug and the chain passes through holes I drilled in the brackets. It's far more secure than you think it ought to be. Pics will help. I'll take some tonight, if I can't find any.

Here we are, should make things clearer:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=309954

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
that's a good idea, thanks mate. not sure how well it will work with the lid on the snowpeak as it sits on top so may get in the way. May incorporate it into some sort of bracket though, thanks!

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
The alpkit lid sits on top too and that set up works fine. Not sure of the exact design of the snowpeak one, but I'm sure you could adapt something. Is the lip big enough to do anything with small bulldog clips.

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
Thought about bulldog clips but it would mean I can't get the lid on. Managed to get a big jubilee clip and some S hooks from a little hardware shop at lunch time. Am hoping to rig up something so that the S hooks clip on the handles and another onto the screw on the jubilee clip.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE