Curtain Wire Makes Great Bails For Pots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
This wire is used to string net or voile curtains, Tony. Generally over short distances such as doorways or narrow windows. Perhaps looking for something that is used to do that over there, might yield a similar product ?

It's a tidy idea :D The sprung wire does not stretch easily, is pretty robust, and needs either a hacksaw or good snips to cut it. The spring acts as a secure screw thread too and will tightly hold the hooks/rings in place :)

Thanks Joonsy :D

M

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Photos are very clear and easy to follow. I googled and can not find "Curtain Wire" here in the USA. The only coated wire that I can find is solid core. Another project down the drain. Cheers.

oh that's a shame asemery, the stuff is so common here in the uk I'd have thought it was the same most countries, just goes to show you, as Toddy says in her reply it's used to hang net curtains, it's very cheap for example here in the uk you can get a packet of 2.5 metres of curtain wire and about ten hooks for 89p in certain ''budget'' shops (Home Bargains shops). ATB :)

This wire is used to string net or voile curtains, Tony. Generally over short distances such as doorways or narrow windows. Perhaps looking for something that is used to do that over there, might yield a similar product ?

It's a tidy idea :D The sprung wire does not stretch easily, is pretty robust, and needs either a hacksaw or good snips to cut it. The spring acts as a secure screw thread too and will tightly hold the hooks/rings in place :)

M

Thanks for your input Toddy, ATB :)

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
That, I really like.

I removed the bail from my billy as it got in the way with nesting and getting in and out of a pouch - I was given a hand chain saw thing for a birthday some years ago and have been using that [multi purpose item :) - not that I've actually cut any wood with it...). But removing the lugs on the side of the billy and using your idea would leave the billy can with flush sides so easier still to fit into a tight pouch.

asemery

Settler
Aug 11, 2005
Pennsylvania
pineapple.myfunforum.org

M

Thanks for that hint. I as able to find a local source. Cheers. Tony

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE