Bag liner - Cotton? Polycotton? Silk? Or doesn't matter?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I don't like them either because of the tangle problem and I've never felt their weight to justify pack room. However, we've got our long abandoned polycotton liners out of the store cupboard and put them in the van for hot nights in summer to keep off insects when we sleep naked. I'm toying with the idea of using one in the tent when backpacking in hot weather instaed of a sleeping bag. I wonder if a bag liner also has an application for use in hostels and hotels after hearing a friend's experiences of bed-bugs on the Camino last year.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I remember being given cotton liners in youth hostels, it is nicer to have your own - you know when it was last washed :)

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
I bought a cotton liner to go with my lightweight down bag, both from Tesco. Makes the bag more usable in my opinion and of course means I don't have to worry about getting the bag cleaned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE