Askari il Lago NIMROD Loden Trousers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I got these trousers after spotting them for sale on the Askari hunting website http://www.askari-hunting.co.uk/__W...rs/il-lago-nimrod-loden-trousers/detail.jsf.I got a size large which is a size 36" waist and the leg length is approx 34" i am not sure if these have different leg lengths as i asked and he told me they were unfinished but they are not .
The trousers are in Loden which is 70% wool 30 % viscose and they have a thin 100 % polyester lining inside but just down the front of the leg ,They have two front pockets two cargos and one rear hip pocket also they have a small pocket on the back thigh ,for maybe a knife .They also have a brown wool/felt like material reinforcing on the knees and seat and a nice high back area .
These will be my fourth pair of Wool trousers ,i have grey swedish army ones ,german army ones and a pair from the states ,I would say these are around the same weight as the Swedish ones but the wool material is different.
I think these are worth the price on sale (£31.99+£5 postage)but not for the original price of over £100.
Picture3563.jpg

Picture3564.jpg

Picture3565.jpg

Picture3566.jpg

Last edited:

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Now that's what I call a pair of britches.....I better flog summat an see what I can do. Be interesting to hear his they fair in the field once you've broken them in buddy . Dang, that reminds me, still waiting on your addy for your gillet .

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk 2

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Hmm not sure then buddy these are Large and measure 36".Their website is not the best,Did u call the uk contact no?

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Where did you find the sizing Gill ? Can't se an indication to what size is. If yours are large at 36 I'm hoping medium is 34ish :confused:

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk 2

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Thanks for the review Gill. Would you say the reinforcement material is the same as the rest of the trousers? Also just checking in case i misunderstood, yours are size large and the actual waist measurement is 36? I guess too that the polyester lining could easily be removed.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Just one more question. I guess the material, being 30per cent viscose, is softer than the swedish army trousers?

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Yep its softer ,I would say these are safe for the people who don;t like Wool next to the skin .

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I saw these and quite fancy a pair too. Sizing is vague to say the least! I'd be looking at same size as Hamish so be interested to see if any answer comes from them! Whats the cut like? Look quite straight leg which is good as I don't like them too baggy.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
thanks for the heads up, i'm gonna order some of these. i shall let everyone know how i get on with the sizing (i'm 32" waist and 32" inside leg, i'm going to order a pair in small)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE