Article: How To.... Carve a Collapsible Pot Hanger

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I like that name - Dingle Stick - much better than just a collapsible pot hanger.
Now to check the book out.
Cheers

George

Hi George. I think Dingle stick was a generic name, but different designs had individual names, such as 'the pot claw' and 'the gallow crook', or 'the hake' etc. As evidenced here, in another open library book;

BookReaderImages.php

BookReaderImages.php

BookReaderImages.php

Source: The American boys handy book of camp lore and woodcraft

Last edited:
P

parjacpar

Realy great idea, and a good test of skills.

I agree with your ozzy but i prefer to carry wire as it is takes up less space when carrying and more adjustable

Loads of videos on www.youtube.com about different types of pot hangers.

Found this site while looking for something else and what I have seen looks good

Tom Gold

Forager
Nov 2, 2012
Scotland
www.thetreeline.co.uk
Seoras, great post and thankyou for sharing. Was inspired to try the 'wedge' pot hanger myself and have now made three so far. They're not that pretty but am impressed that - like yours - they can hang a Dutch oven.
I normally use Ikea kitchen utensil hooks with a chain for this job and I guess I'd need to know I was going to be in the same place for a couple of days before I made one in earnest but they are very 'bushcrafty' and are a great way to practise knife work.
Btw, where did you get that coffee pot - cannot find one with a a bail anywahere!
Cheers, T

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Great to see you guys trying these out and researching the different types.

The coffee pot was found at the back of a hardware store in Basingstoke Tom, tucked away and forgotten. I added the handle myself.

I must admit to being a bit of a kettle hoarder/collector Tom. Picked up another one at the Moot this year.

Cheers

George

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE