Anyone had any rain yet.?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
we started get some proper drizzle today, it's barely stopped since before dawn. The grass in the neighbouring field was brown and parched on Monday, but is already perking up (though the sheep are making short work of it)

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Having a lovely down pour at the moment! It's been very light drizzle all day, but now finally a good bit of rain. I don't think its too heavy to be handled just yet, certainly bringing a lot of much welcomed cool air down with it as it falls!

I'm close to doing one of those dying of heat/thirst desert island naked dances in the rain, but I'm much too busy to be arrested!

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
The Radio announces heavy rain causing flooding on roads at Port Talbot, that's 70 miles away. Here small children are disappearing down cracks in the parched ground and queues of Ducks carrying suitcases are forming at the Railway Station as they leave, to move East, as no local rain is forecast :laugh: :laugh:

mrmike

Sep 22, 2010
Hexham, Northumberland
Yup, enough rain that my chainsaw trousers got thoroughly soaked through this morning, good for the ground but not for my nethers....

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
We had a downpour for about an hour overnight but you can't really tell as it barely touched the surface. There's more rain predicted this afternoon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Rained hard all night and again now... I've just reconditioned part of the rainwater harvesting system so will be interested to see how much it gathers IMG_20220814_194634.jpg

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Only for storage and transport really, as far as I'm aware, as the filler neck is on the top.

Ah, it actually says that in your link above :) (I thought I'd better read your link in case I was mistaken!).

I'm not sure that frame looks capable of taking 1 ton load safely either.

I too was kinda surprised that they can stack laden- 1000kg isn't anything to be sneezed at.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Only for storage and transport really, as far as I'm aware, as the filler neck is on the top.

Ah, it actually says that in your link above :) (I thought I'd better read your link in case I was mistaken!).

I'm not sure that frame looks capable of taking 1 ton load safely either.
I bottom fill most of ours through the outlet tap...it makes crossflow simpler

Reactions: Broch

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Notification Email from the Marina this morning to Boat owners..
I've lost track now, but it is weeks since it rained in my area.

Temporary Use Ban (hosepipes)
We have been informed by Welsh Water that a Temporary Use Ban will come into force from 8am on Friday 19th August 2022 to protect Pembrokeshire's water supplies and environment. This means there will be restrictions on water use, specifically hoses, until further notice.

Welsh Water have published the following advice regarding the use of hoses on privately owned vessels:

StevieE

Forager
Jul 15, 2021
Bridgend, South Wales
I think its only Pembroke that have the water ban in force in Wales which is unusual considering the rain normally down there. Nothing said about the Bridgend area yet thankfully.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE