another five in the oven!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
just spent the last few hours sweltering over the forge slowly cooking my fingers and face! but finally i can sit back and enjoy a cold one as they're now tempering in the oven... latest five knifes, big ones where edge quenched...

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Nice batch dude. Leave the ht scale on one and dress it in something rustic for a rough post disaster look! ;)

I thought you didn't do the oven temper? Or was that just with file knives?

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
cheers, these are edge quenched so oven tempering works well, is much easier than soft backing but you get a better more even result i think.

Shing

Nomad
Jan 23, 2004
Derbyshire
I am about to put some blades for tempering, they got hardened this afternoon. Air hardening steel is much less messy than oil hardening.

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
after tempering before i do anything else i put an edge on the blades and start testing them. only once im happy i start the long process of sanding/beautification...
heres one i've started on. this one has a 6" blade...

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
Nice knives mate, have you already got a buyer lined up for the small one? Looks real tempting, in the market for a knife like that actually!
the smaller neck knife is spoken for as is one of the larger ones and at least one of the five will be staying with me

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE