Advice/help To Organize Moot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
:D i have just got permission to hold 4 moots a year on the estate i work for but am not sure how to proceed . it is near to silchester hampshire between basingstoke,reading and newbery. :D

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
start a thread in the meetups section saying where it is, dates, times etc
leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Lupus,

I'm Hampshire based and have organised a few get togethers in my time. I'd be delighted to offer whatever advice and guidance I can. Feel free to drop me a private message. I know a few of the Hampshire and Sussex guys and girls who I'm sure would be happy to offer their input

Red

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Count me in Lupus :) only 5/10 minutes up the road, so would be happy to lend a hand with anything that needs doing. Interested to know who's estate it is you have the pleasure working for.

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Talking of ground rules, it seems to be a gentlemen's agreement not to call them moots unless they are an official BCUK moot, it avoids confusion. We've all agreed to refer to unofficial get togethers as Meets. Apart from that, put up a post in this section suggesting dates and times, costs if any and get feedback to see who's interested. If enough people want to come, see what activities, tutorials, demonstrations you can persuade people to do. Let people know what accommodation is available (tents, hammock space etc) and whether there is water for canoes, fishing etc.

Eric

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
This coincidentally is a handy thread for myself as yesterday on my way home from work called into the local scout camp to enquire about hiring the place for a meet. There was no-one onsite at the time but I called into the garden centre nearby and they gave me contact details so I called and left a message. Hopefully, another NW meet will be on the cards.

The campsite has a large clearing and communal area with a large clearing for tents etc and is surrounded by woodland. There is also a large lake that is perfect for canoeing.

Anyway, not wanting to get ahead of myself - all I've done is left a message yet and not wanting to hog your thread lupus. I will hopefully have more to go on soon so will start a new thread should my idea blossom.

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
My advice is to meet up with all of the chaps, that are intrested in comeing to your meet before you have your meet ,ie in a pub or the spring moot .I hold a lot of meets so I no what I am on about ;)

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
thanks for all the advice to sort out my MEET :sulkoff: so far.
i will keep you posted .it will be a small meet 10ish or so people to start with.if you are in the area and want to pop in to look round the woods pm me . :You_Rock_

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
i will be haveing a meet on the weekend of 9th 10th june near silchester hampshire .if you are intrested pm me . :lmao:

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
yes just echoeing what jason said its worth meeting everyone first off if at all possible this works for both partys i think .
i went to first moot in the recent spring and tbh i did not know what to expect i am very pleased i did and gave me a good idea of how things are and what to expect and probably more importantly what i can to to contribute in future meets/moots

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE