Adventure Survival

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

entropydog

May 14, 2010
derby
Hi Folks
Im looking for a book to read a derring-do tale of adventure and Survival, Fiction or non-fiction I don’t mind...Something to stir the imagination in a manly lost in the wilderness kind of way. Does anyone have any suggestions... Chuck in a few film suggestions too if you like but mostly looking for reading material....Call of the Wild type stuff.. Cheers

Oct 24, 2011
A very good book is The Heros of Telimark non- fiction and the book voted the best book of the century and milenium The Lord of the Rings I have read it 9 times now But my Favourite book is The Hobbit By J J R Tolkin a true adventure If you are going to read The Lord ofthe Rings read The Hobbit first as one story follows on from the other. Books by Wainwright are excellent.

May 16, 2011
Perth
joe simpsons touching the void, this game of ghosts and the beckoning silence all good.

and on the note of 127 hours Aron Ralston is on alone in the wild tonight on discovery will be interesting how he handles being on his own.

BBRaptor

May 25, 2007
Cardiff
A couple of good books in that vein, which I have read, are Lost in the Jungle by Yossi Ghindsberg and Call of the Wild by Guy Grieve, both non fiction.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
"Great Heart" by Davidsson and Rugge (the first cross-Labrador expeditions)
"Nunamiut; Among Alaska's Inland Eskimos" and "The Land of Feast and Famine" by Helge Ingstad
"The Long Walk" by Sławomir Rawicz -- if you don't mind the fact that it is almost certainly a lie

Last edited:

Paul72

Nomad
Jan 29, 2010
Northern Ireland
Dances with Wolves by Michael Blake (the book is deeper than the film)

If you don't mind military stuff Sniper One by Dan Mills is a brilliant read

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Chris Ryan -The one that got away (taken with a pinch of salt but a good read all the same)
+1 for Guy Grieve - Call of the wild (good book, over a bit too quick for my liking)
+1 for Dan Mills - Sniper One - great book

Pretty much anything by Duncan Falconer (Ex-SBS), has the edge over McNab and Ryan if you like military books.

Just ordered Dorian Amos - up the yukon without a paddle.

JoshS

Nov 16, 2010
Outside
Man Eaters of Kumaon by Jim Corbett.

Fantastic stories of hunting tigers and leopards in India, and Jim Corbett was a true naturalist.

Don't be put of by the great white hunter image.

He has had a national Park named after him. He ran a survival school as well!

One of my Heroes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE