A New Life Style An Old Style Way

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Solitude

Tenderfoot
Solitude,

You haven't mentioned anything about visa requirements. Don't you need one??

No you dont need a Visa if you live in the EU currently (I live in the UK) , you are free to live in any EU country ( as we are a member ), as long as you can support yourself and dont plan on claiming benefits, i.e have enough money to support yourself, find a job within 3 to 6 months, or start a business.

If you live outside the EU then you would need to get a Visa.

You have to tell the Swedish embassy if you intend staying more than 3 months

mjk123

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 24, 2006
Switzerland
>>No you dont need a Visa if you live in the EU currently (I live in the UK) , you are free to live in any EU country ( as we are a member ), as long as you can support yourself and dont plan on claiming benefits, i.e have enough money to support yourself, find a job within 3 to 6 months, or start a business.

So essentially you are in tourist status? Have you checked the position officially with the Swedish authorities? It's up to you, clearly, but I can't believe they allow folk to just move in and reside, even if you are inter-EU.

Do write back when you've found the answer.

Solitude

Tenderfoot
>>

So essentially you are in tourist status? Have you checked the position officially with the Swedish authorities? It's up to you, clearly, but I can't believe they allow folk to just move in and reside, even if you are inter-EU.

Do write back when you've found the answer.

Im not sure wether you want this information for your self or that you assume that i havent the itel to find this out prior to launch!!!!. You will no doubt be pleased to know that below is a copy of an email from the Swedish ministry that i received in Feb 2007:

RESPONSE FROM SWEDISH MINISTRY 16th FEB 2007:

"Thank you for your e mail. First of all I would be really grateful if you could tell me what kind of troubel you have with our website. Is it down or difficult to navigate?

AS Eu citizens you have the right to live and work in Sweden as long as you can support yourselves either by working or by other independent means. You must register with the Swedish Immigration Authorities within 3 monts of arriving. All information can be found on www.migrationsverket.se English version - EU.

The main Swedish website is www.sweden.se and here you can find articles, news, fact sheets etc.

General information on working in Sweden is also on www. amv.se taxes on www.skatteverket.se and the social insurance system on www.forsakringskassan.se

Hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further information

Kind regards

Eva Sack "

I think that you can apply for Swedish citizenship after 2 years living in the country if thats wat you want to do.

Hope this info is of some help to any thinking of moving within the EU.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE