a good quality belt supplier

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
hi i have searched the net but i cant seem to find anywhere that sells good quality belts and buckles, i have seen a thread on here showing how to make one but at the moment i think i would rather just buy buy one.
if anyone knows somewhere that sells a good belt please tell me
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
thanks john but my budget is nowhere near those prices
i am looking to spend £20
leon

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
i have a good quality belt my wife bought me from NEXT. she got it in store but no doubt you will be able to aquire one online. i use it daily on my trousers and it also doubles as my strop. if i remember correctly is cost about £12 - £13.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
ok we have a next in town so i will have a look
i was wondering you know you can buy biker buckles and different buckles like that how do you connect them to your belt, do you have to take out the thread put the buckle on and then sew it back up
leon

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
leon. if you buy a "blank belt" without the buckle, you can buy buckles that simply clamp onto your belt, if needs be you can buy multiple buckles and change them as and when you see fit but still have just one belt. just be sure that the buckle(s) will fit the width of the belt :rolleyes:

my next belt is in this link http://search.next.co.uk/search?p=Q...=&np=&w=belt&af=cat_menswear&images=on&cnt=12 its the brown one, the first pic on the second row only £9.99 :)

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
thats a nice belt
i will buy a belt ready made with out a buckle and then do what you said and buy a buckle do you know where i could buy one like this
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i have just dug out an old belt it is 1.25 inch wide which is just what i want, but it already has a buckle what can i do about this as iw ant to change it
leon

leon-1

Hi Leon, not about much recently.

Right belt buckles, you cann buy them and attach them.

With the one you have there you will have to cut through the stitching, then you can place a couple of heavy duty press studs in behind, they have a 15mm head and are for sport or camping.

When you want to change aftrewards just undo the press studs:)

Here is a link to where you can get studs from. The ones you will need will probably be the ones right at the top of the page F17 A/A on the left np is Nickel Plated, glt is Gilt and ant is Antique

leon-1

Leon Press studs are exactly what they say on the tin mate, they studs that press together, some people call them pop studs as you can pop them together and then pop them apart.

I have some about on different things I have made, I will try and get some pictures up if you are not sure what I am talking about

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
If you go to the local alternative shop (joss sticks and pagan type bits) they probably sell the enamelled buckles and belts to match.
saving that find a place where hairy biker types get theirs :cool:

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i think i know what press studs are now
so all i have to buy is a buckle and some press studs and i can go from there
thanks for the ideas and info
leon

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE